Last Updated on October 1, 2023
Aunt Jemima Waffle Recipe is a classic breakfast dish that everyone loves. It’s a delicious combination of fluffy waffle mix, egg, sweet syrup, and butter.
It’s a quick and easy breakfast that can be served with a variety of toppings. Whether you’re looking for a hearty morning meal or a tasty snack, Aunt Jemima Waffle Recipe is a great choice.
What Is Aunt Jemima Waffle Recipe?
Aunt Jemima was an American breakfast brand, known for its delicious pancake mix, table syrup, and other mouth-watering breakfast food products. It has been a household name since the 1880s and continues to be a popular choice among families across America.
Aunt Jemima Waffle is made with Aunt Jemima waffle Mix, butter, sugar, eggs, and milk. The batter is poured into a hot waffle iron and cooked until golden brown and crispy. The waffles are then served with syrup, butter, and other toppings.
Why You’ll Love This Aunt Jemima Waffle?
Aunt Jemima Waffle is a great choice for busy families. It’s easy to make, and the batter can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. The waffles are also delicious and can be served with a variety of toppings. Plus, they make a great breakfast or snack.
You will also like the following Tasty recipes!
- Ingles Chicken Salad Copycat Recipe
- How to make Buffalo Wild Wings Red Bull Sunrise
- Jamie Oliver Beef Enchiladas
How Does It Taste Like?
Aunt Jemima Waffle is a delicious combination of sweet and savory flavors. The waffles have a light, crispy texture, and the syrup and butter give them a rich sweetness. You can also top them with fresh fruit, jam, or other toppings for added flavor.
- Pearl Milling Company Original Mix: This is the main ingredient for the waffle batter. You can use any variety of Aunt Jemima Mix, but the original one is recommended.
- Milk: This adds moisture and richness to the waffles.
- Egg: The egg acts as a binding agent and also adds flavor to the batter.
- Butter: Butter is added to give the waffles a buttery and delicious taste.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: Preparing the Batter
In a large bowl, take the Aunt Jemima mix. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and melted butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Step 2: Cooking the Waffles
Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Grease the waffle iron with butter or cooking spray. Pour the batter into the waffle iron and spread it evenly. Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes.
Step 3: Serving the Waffles
Remove the waffles from the waffle iron and place them on a plate. Top with butter, syrup, and other toppings of your choice. Serve immediately.
– Make sure to preheat your waffle iron before adding the batter.
– Use a light hand when mixing the batter. Overmixing can lead to dense, tough waffles.
– If you’re making a large batch of waffles, keep them warm in a 200°F oven until you’re ready to serve them.
– For a healthier version of this recipe, try using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
– Top the waffles with fresh fruit or jam for added flavor and texture.
– For a fun twist, try adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter.
One waffle (without any toppings) contains approximately:
– Calories: 190
– Fat: 7 grams
– Carbs: 25 grams
– Protein: 5 grams
How to Store Aunt Jemima Waffle?
You can store leftover waffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the waffles on a baking sheet and bake in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
What Other Substitute Can I Use in Aunt Jemima Waffle?
Here are five substitutes that you can use in Aunt Jemima Waffle:
- Whole wheat flour: This is a great substitute for Aunt Jemima Mix. It has a nutty flavor and is higher in fiber and nutrients.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt can be used in place of milk to add creaminess and protein to the waffles.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is a healthy substitute for butter. It has a mild coconut flavor and is a good source of healthy fat.
- Honey: Honey is a natural sweetener that can be used in place of sugar. It has a slightly sweet, earthy flavor.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg is a warm, spicy spice that adds flavor to the waffles. It pairs well with other spices like cinnamon and allspice.
- 1/2 Cups Aunt Jemima Mix
- 1 Egg
- 6 tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 bowls
- Waffle iron
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze the waffles?
Yes, you can freeze the waffles for up to 3 months. Place the cooled waffles in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Transfer the waffles to an airtight container and store in the freezer.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can make the batter in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What toppings should I serve with the waffles?
You can serve the waffles with syrup, butter, fresh fruit, jam, or other toppings of your choice.
Can I make the waffles vegan?
Yes, you can make the waffles vegan by using a plant-based milk and oil in place of the milk and butter.
Can I use a different type of flour?
Yes, you can use a different type of flour in this recipe. Whole wheat flour is a great substitute for all-purpose flour.
How do I know when the waffles are done?
The waffles are done when they are golden brown and crispy. You can also check the waffles with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the waffles are done.
Aunt Jemima Waffle Recipe is a classic breakfast dish that everyone loves. It’s a delicious combination of fluffy waffles, sweet syrup, and butter. It’s a quick and easy breakfast that can be served with a variety of toppings.
Whether you’re looking for a hearty morning meal or a tasty snack, Aunt Jemima Waffle Recipe is a great choice.
With a few simple ingredients and a few easy steps, you can enjoy this delicious breakfast in no time.
Please share this recipe with your friends and family, and enjoy it any time of the day!