Last Updated on December 4, 2023
Carlo Rossi Sangria is a popular fruity drink that is enjoyed around the world. It is a refreshing and delicious combination of wine, citrus juices, and fresh fruit. This recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed year-round.
Whether you’re looking for a cocktail for a summer party or a cozy winter night, Carlo Rossi Sangria is sure to be a hit.
What is Carlo Rossi Sangria?
Carlo Rossi Sangria is a classic Spanish sangria recipe that dates back to the late 1800s. This recipe combines red wine, orange juice, lemon juice, and brandy with a selection of fresh fruit. It is a flavorful and refreshing drink that is perfect for any occasion.
Why You’ll Love this Carlo Rossi Sangria Recipe?
This Carlo Rossi Sangria recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed year-round. It is a refreshing and delicious combination of flavors that can be enjoyed by everyone.
This recipe also uses fresh fruit, which gives it a unique flavor and adds a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals. In addition, this sangria is easy to customize to your own taste. Whether you like it sweet or tart, you can adjust the ingredients to suit your palate.
You will also like the following Drink recipes!
- Copycat Costco Berry Smoothie Recipe
- How to make Longhorn Peach Sangria
- Best Mexican Lollipop Cocktail Recipe
Honeycrisp apples or white nectarines: These fruits add sweetness, crunch, and a refreshing taste to the sangria. They also absorb some of the wine’s flavors while infusing their own, enhancing the overall fruity profile.
Fresh guava nectar: Guava nectar brings a unique tropical sweetness and richness to the sangria, complementing the fruity notes of the wine and adding depth to the flavor profile.
Sparkling mineral water: It adds a fizzy element to the sangria, giving it a light and bubbly texture. This carbonation can lift the flavors and make the drink more refreshing.
Aged Spanish brandy (optional): The brandy contributes depth and complexity to the sangria. It enhances the overall richness of the drink and adds a subtle warmth to the flavor profile.
Carlo Rossi Moscato: This sweet wine forms the base of the sangria. Its fruity and floral notes provide a foundation for the other ingredients to mingle and infuse with, creating a well-rounded and flavorful beverage.
Valencia orange, Meyer lemons, Key limes: Citrus fruits add brightness and acidity to the sangria. They also contribute their essential oils and tangy flavors, balancing the sweetness from the fruits and wine.
Ripe strawberries: These berries introduce a sweet and slightly tart flavor while adding a pop of color and texture to the drink.
Spearmint leaves: The mint leaves lend a refreshing and aromatic quality to the sangria. They can complement the fruity notes and add a subtle herbal undertone to the overall taste.
Ice cubes made from filtered spring water: These help chill the sangria without diluting it too quickly, maintaining its flavors as they meld together.
Step 1: Preparing the Fruits
Start by prepping the fruits for your sangria:
- Wash the Honeycrisp apples or white nectarines thoroughly, then slice them into thin wedges.
- Next, slice the Valencia orange, Meyer lemons, and Key limes into rounds.
- Hull the ripe strawberries and set them aside.
Step 2: Combining Fruits
Take a large pitcher or punch bowl and combine all the sliced fruits – the apples or nectarines, Valencia orange, Meyer lemons, Key limes, and the prepared strawberries.
Step 3: Adding Freshness
Add spearmint leaves to the pitcher or bowl. The mint will infuse a refreshing aroma into the mix.
Step 4: Mixing in the Flavors
Pour in the guava nectar and, if desired, the optional aged Spanish brandy. Gently stir this mixture, ensuring the fruits, mint, nectar, and brandy combine well. Then, slowly add the entire bottle of Carlo Rossi Moscato, ensuring it covers the fruit mixture.
Step 5: Letting the Flavors Develop
Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense flavor, refrigerate it for a few hours or even overnight. This gives time for the flavors to meld together beautifully.
Step 6: Preparing to Serve
When you’re ready to serve, grab individual glasses and add ice cubes made from filtered spring water into each glass.
Step 7: Serving the Sangria
Pour the prepared sangria mixture over the ice in each glass. Aim for a good mix of fruits and liquid in each serving. To add a delightful effervescence, top off each glass with a splash of sparkling mineral water.
Step 8: Optional Garnish
For an extra touch, you can garnish each glass with additional fresh fruit slices or mint leaves, enhancing both the presentation and aroma. Just before indulging, gently stir each glass to evenly distribute the flavors.
– For a sweeter sangria, add more sugar to the recipe.
– If you don’t have brandy, you can use rum or vodka instead.
– Feel free to experiment with different types of fruit.
– For an extra-special presentation, freeze some of the fruit and use it as ice cubes.
– If you don’t like red wine, try using white wine instead.
This sangria can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Keep the sangria in an airtight container or pitcher covered with plastic wrap.
One serving of this Carlo Rossi Sangria recipe contains approximately 150 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 8 grams of sugar.
– Serve Carlo Rossi Sangria over ice with a garnish of fresh fruit.
– Enjoy it with a variety of tapas, such as Spanish omelet, Spanish tortilla, or patatas bravas.
– Serve it with a variety of cheeses, such as manchego, goat cheese, or Manchego cheese with honey.
– Enjoy it with a selection of cured meats, such as chorizo, jamon, or salchichon.
– Use it as a marinade for chicken, fish, or pork.
What Other Substitutes Can I Use in Carlo Rossi Sangria Recipe?
– Instead of red wine, you can use white wine, rosé wine, or sparkling wine.
– Instead of brandy, you can use rum, vodka, or tequila.
– Instead of orange juice, you can use pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, or apple juice.
– Instead of sugar, you can use honey, agave syrup, or maple syrup.
– Instead of fresh fruit, you can use frozen fruit, dried fruit, or canned fruit.
- 1-2 Honeycrisp apples or white nectarines
- 1/2 container of fresh guava nectar
- 1 small can of sparkling mineral water
- 2 tablespoons of aged Spanish brandy optional
- 1 bottle 375ml of Carlo Rossi Moscato
- 1 Valencia orange sliced
- 1.5 Meyer lemons sliced
- 1.5 Key limes sliced
- 1 cup of ripe strawberries hulled
- 1/2 cup of tightly packed spearmint leaves
- Ice cubes made from filtered spring water
- STEP 1 – Wash and slice the Honeycrisp apples or white nectarines into thin wedges. Slice the Valencia orange, Meyer lemons, and Key limes into rounds. Hull the ripe strawberries. Set aside.
- STEP 2 – In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the sliced fruits – apples or nectarines, Valencia orange, Meyer lemons, Key limes, and strawberries.
- STEP 3 – Add the spearmint leaves to the pitcher or bowl.
- STEP 4 – Pour in the guava nectar and optional aged Spanish brandy. Stir the mixture gently to combine the fruits, mint, nectar, and brandy. Slowly pour in the entire bottle of Carlo Rossi Moscato into the pitcher or bowl, ensuring it covers the fruit mixture.
- STEP 5 – Let the mixture sit for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to meld. For a stronger taste, you can refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. When ready to serve, add ice cubes made from filtered spring water to individual glasses.
- STEP 6 – Pour the sangria mixture over the ice in each glass, ensuring a good mix of fruits and liquid in each serving. Top off each glass with a splash of sparkling mineral water for effervescence.
- STEP 7 – Optionally, garnish each glass with additional fresh fruit slices or mint leaves for presentation. Stir gently before drinking to distribute the flavors evenly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the best red wine for Carlo Rossi Sangria?
The best red wine to use for Carlo Rossi Sangria is a dry red like cabernet sauvignon or merlot. However, you can experiment with different types of red wine to find the flavor that you like best.
Q2. Is Carlo Rossi Sangria gluten-free?
Yes, Carlo Rossi Sangria is gluten-free.
Q3. Can I make Carlo Rossi Sangria ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Carlo Rossi Sangria ahead of time. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Q4. Can I use frozen fruit in Carlo Rossi Sangria?
Yes, you can use frozen fruit in Carlo Rossi Sangria. It is a great way to add flavor and color to the sangria without having to use fresh fruit.
Q5. Does Carlo Rossi Sangria need to be served cold?
Yes, Carlo Rossi Sangria should be served cold. It is best to refrigerate the sangria for at least two hours before serving.
Q6. Does Carlo Rossi Sangria have alcohol?
Yes, Carlo Rossi Sangria does contain alcohol. It is made with red wine, brandy, and other alcoholic ingredients.
Q7. Can I substitute the brandy in Carlo Rossi Sangria?
Yes, you can substitute the brandy in Carlo Rossi Sangria. You can use rum, vodka, or tequila instead.
Carlo Rossi Sangria is an easy-to-make and delicious drink that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe combines red wine, orange juice, lemon juice, brandy, and fresh fruit for a refreshing and flavorful drink. It can be adjusted to suit your taste and is easy to make ahead of time.
Whether you’re looking for a cocktail for a summer party or a cozy winter night, Carlo Rossi Sangria is sure to be a hit. Enjoy!