Last Updated on October 1, 2023
Greg Doucette is a Canadian well-known IFBB Pro bodybuilder, published author, influencer, and Guinness World Record-holding powerlifter. He’s also known for his healthy and delicious food recipes, including his famous protein popcorn recipe.
His popcorn recipe is a great way to enjoy a tasty snack while still staying on track with your fitness goals. And the best part? It only takes 8 minutes to make!
So let’s get started on making this guilt-free treat that will satisfy both your taste buds and your gains.
What is Greg Doucette Popcorn?
As mentioned above, Greg Doucette’s popcorn recipe is a delicious and flavorful snack. It combines the classic popcorn flavor with a variety of savory ingredients for a unique and tasty treat. The recipe consists of popcorn, maple syrup, and protein powder.
But the real secret ingredient is the IMO syrup, also known as vita fiber. This low-calorie and high-fiber syrup adds a sweet and sticky texture to the popcorn without adding any extra sugar or calories.
What Does it Taste Like?
Greg Doucette’s popcorn is a savory and flavorful snack. The combination of the sweet and sticky syrup with the protein powder adds a unique texture and taste to the classic popcorn. It is perfect for satisfying your cravings without derailing your fitness journey.
You will also like the following Tasteful recipes!
- Aunt Jemima Waffle Copycat Recipe
- Easy Brenda Gantt Cornbread Recipe
- How to make Ingles Chicken Salad
- Popcorn: Popcorn is the base of the recipe. You can use either microwavable popcorn or make your own using a stovetop or air-popper.
- Sugar-free maple syrup: This is used as a healthier alternative to traditional maple syrup, adding sweetness without the added sugar.
- Protein powder: Protein powder adds an extra boost of protein to the snack and helps create a thicker and stickier texture.
- IMO syrup (vita fiber): This low-calorie, high-fiber syrup is what gives Greg Doucette’s popcorn its unique texture and flavor.
Step 1: Prepare the popcorn
Start by popping 2 cups of popcorn according to the package instructions. You can use microwavable popcorn or make your own using a stovetop or air-popper. Once popped, set aside in a large bowl.
Step 2: Mix the syrup and protein powder
In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together 4 tbsp of sugar-free maple syrup and 1 1/2 cups of protein powder until well combined.
Step 3: Heat the mixture
Heat the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir and heat for an additional 30 seconds until it becomes thick and sticky.
Step 4: Add the IMO syrup
Slowly pour in 1 1/2 cups of IMO syrup (vita fiber) into the mixture, stirring constantly until it is well combined.
Step 5: Coat the popcorn
Pour the mixture over the popcorn in the bowl and mix until all of the popcorn is evenly coated.
Step 6: Let it cool
Spread the coated popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it cool for a few minutes.
Step 7: Enjoy!
Once cooled, break apart any large chunks and enjoy your guilt-free and protein-packed popcorn snack!
– Experiment with different seasonings to find the flavor combination that you love.
– Try adding some grated Parmesan cheese to the top of the popcorn for an extra cheesy flavor.
– For a spicier popcorn, add a dash of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
– You can also add some chopped nuts or dried fruit for a sweet and savory flavor.
– For a vegan version, use vegan butter and nutritional yeast instead of Parmesan cheese.
What to Serve with Greg Doucette Popcorn?
Greg Doucette’s popcorn can be enjoyed as a standalone snack or paired with other dishes for a more filling meal. Some ideas for serving with this protein-packed popcorn include:
- Chicken breast: The high protein content in the chicken breast will complement the protein in the popcorn and make for a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
- Vegetable stir-fry: For a healthier option, pair the popcorn with a colorful and nutritious vegetable stir-fry. The savory flavors of the stir-fry will complement the sweet and sticky popcorn.
- Salad: Adding some protein-packed popcorn on top of your salad can add an extra crunch and flavor to your greens.
- Fruit smoothie: Pairing popcorn with a fruit smoothie is a great way to add some extra protein and fiber to your snack.
- Greek yogurt: For a quick and easy snack, dip the popcorn in some plain Greek yogurt for a protein-rich and creamy treat.
How to Store Leftover Greg Doucette Popcorn?
Leftover Greg Doucette popcorn can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, simply place the popcorn in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
What Other Substitute Can I Use in Greg Doucette Popcorn Recipe?
While the protein powder and IMO syrup are essential ingredients in this recipe, there are some substitutions you can make if needed. For the protein powder, you can use either whey or vegan options depending on your dietary restrictions.
As for the IMO syrup, you can use sugar-free pancake syrup or honey as alternatives. Keep in mind that these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the popcorn slightly. So, it is best to experiment and find the combination that you enjoy the most.
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Measuring spoon
- 2 cups popcorn
- 4 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups IMO syrup such as vita fiber
- Pop the 2 cups of popcorn according to package instructions and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix together the sugar-free maple syrup and protein powder until well combined.
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir and heat for an additional 30 seconds until the mixture becomes thick and sticky.
- Slowly pour the IMO syrup (vita fiber) into the mixture, stirring constantly until it is well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn in the bowl and mix until all of the popcorn is coated evenly.
- Spread the coated popcorn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Once cooled, break apart any large chunks and enjoy your protein-packed popcorn!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Greg Doucette’s popcorn ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Greg Doucette’s popcorn recipe ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I use any types of cheese in the recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you prefer. Grated Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese are all good options.
Can I use other seasonings instead of the ones listed in the recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of seasoning that you like. Try experimenting with different flavors to find the combination that you love.
Is Greg Doucette’s popcorn recipe gluten-free?
Yes, Greg Doucette’s popcorn recipe is gluten-free.
Can I make the recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make the recipe vegan by using vegan butter and nutritional yeast instead of Parmesan cheese.
Can I add other ingredients to the popcorn?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts, dried fruit, or any other ingredient that you like to the popcorn.
Greg Doucette’s popcorn recipe is a delicious and flavorful snack. It combines classic popcorn flavor with a variety of savory ingredients for a unique and tasty treat. The recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste. So, why not try it out and take your popcorn game to the next level?
Please share your experience and any modifications you made to the recipe in the comments below.