Last Updated on November 17, 2023
Who doesn’t love brownies?
They are a classic dessert for any occasion. But what if you could take a classic brownie and make it even more delicious
This is where honey bun brownies come in. Honey bun brownies are a unique twist on traditional brownies, combining the flavors of a honey bun with the gooey chocolate goodness of a brownie. These sweet treats are sure to be a hit at any gathering or just as a special dessert for you and your family.
What is Honey Bun Brownies?
Honey bun is a popular pastry that is typically made with a dough filled with a sweet cinnamon and sugar mixture. In this recipe, we take the flavors of a honey bun and incorporate them into a rich and decadent brownie batter.
The result is a perfect balance of sweet and chocolaty goodness. Honey bun brownies are a delicious and indulgent treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Why You’ll Love this Honey Bun Brownies?
There are so many reasons to love this honey bun brownies recipe. First, it’s easy to make and requires just a few ingredients.
Second, it’s a crowd-pleaser. The combination of honey, cinnamon, and chocolate is sure to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
Third, it’s a great way to use up leftover honey. Finally, it’s a unique twist on a classic dessert, making it perfect for special occasions.
You will also like the following dessert recipes!
- Paula Deen White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- How to make Costco Tuxedo Cake
- Best Superman Cheesecake Recipe
How Does It Taste Like?
Honey bun brownies have a rich and fudgy texture with a sweet honey flavor and a hint of cinnamon. The top is slightly crispy, while the center remains gooey and soft.
The combination of the honey bun flavors and the chocolatey brownies creates a deliciously irresistible treat that will have you coming back for more.
Making honey bun brownies is easy with just a few ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
Butter: This is the main fat used in the recipe and helps create a rich and moist texture.
Flour: All-purpose flour is used in this recipe, which provides structure to the brownies.
Eggs: Eggs are essential for binding the ingredients together.
Salt: A pinch of salt enhances all the flavors in the recipe.
Brown Sugar: Brown sugar adds sweetness and creates a soft, chewy texture in the brownies.
Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract adds a rich and aromatic flavor to the brownies.
Granulated Sugar: This provides additional sweetness to the brownies and helps create a crispy top layer.
Step by Step Directions
Making honey bun brownies is easy and requires just a few steps. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
Step 1: Preheat the Oven:
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and greasing a 9×13-inch baking pan with butter.
Step 2: Mix the Ingredients:
In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, flour, eggs, salt, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined. This will be the base of your brownie batter.
Step 3: Pour the Batter into the Pan:
Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. This will be the bottom layer of your brownies.
Step 4: Add Cinnamon Sugar Layer:
In a separate bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter in the pan.
Step 5: Pour the Remaining Batter:
Pour the remaining batter on top of the cinnamon sugar layer, spreading it evenly to cover all corners. This will be your top layer of brownies.
Step 6: Bake:
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Make sure not to overbake, as the brownies will continue to cook as they cool.
Step 7: Slice and Serve:
Allow the brownies to cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy your delicious honey bun brownies!
– For a chewy texture, bake the brownies for 25 minutes.
– For a cake-like texture, bake the brownies for 30 minutes.
– Make sure to let the brownies cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
– Use a sharp knife to cut the brownies into neat squares.
– For an added treat, top the brownies with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
Honey bun brownies are a rich and indulgent treat. One square of honey bun brownies contains approximately:
How to store honey bun brownies?
Honey bun brownies are best enjoyed fresh, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to four days.
To maintain their freshness, you can also store them in the freezer for up to three months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap before freezing.
There are a few variations you can try for this honey bun brownie recipe:
- Add nuts: For some added crunch, you can mix in chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans into the batter before baking.
- Use different spices: Instead of just cinnamon, you can experiment with other spices like nutmeg or ginger to add some extra flavor.
- Top with icing: If you really want to take these brownies to the next level, you can top them with a simple powdered sugar glaze for some extra sweetness.
- baking pan
- 2 cups of rich melted butter
- 4 cups of high-quality sifted all-purpose flour
- 8 large farm-fresh eggs
- 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- 1 1/3 cups of luscious light brown sugar maintain the same
- 4 tablespoons of pure aromatic vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups of premium granulated sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, flour, eggs, salt, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the pan.
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the cinnamon sugar layer, spreading it evenly to cover all corners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool before slicing and serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make honey bun brownies without cocoa powder?
Yes, you can make honey bun brownies without cocoa powder. Simply substitute melted dark chocolate for the cocoa powder.
Do I need to refrigerate honey bun brownies?
No, you don’t need to refrigerate honey bun brownies. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Can I make these brownies gluten-free?
Yes, you can make these brownies gluten-free. Simply substitute a gluten-free flour blend for the all-purpose flour.
Can I freeze honey bun brownies?
Yes, you can freeze honey bun brownies. Let the brownies cool completely, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or parchment paper. Place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Honey bun brownies are a delicious twist on traditional brownies. Combining cocoa powder, honey, and cinnamon, these treats have a unique flavor that’s sure to be a hit with everyone. Plus, they’re easy to make and require just a few ingredients.
Whether you’re looking for a special dessert for a special occasion or just a delicious treat to make for your family, honey bun brownies are a great choice.