Last Updated on January 29, 2024
If you’re a fan of Tex-Mex cuisine, then you’ve probably indulged in the delectable flavors of Taco Bell. One of their popular and mouthwatering offerings is the Chicken Chipotle Melt.
This delectable dish combines the smoky heat of chipotle peppers with the savory goodness of melted cheese, all nestled in a soft brioche bun.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of recreating this scrumptious treat at home. Get ready for a taste explosion that will leave you wanting more!
What is Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt?
The Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt is a tantalizing sandwich that encapsulates the essence of Tex-Mex cuisine. It features a perfectly seasoned ground chicken patty cooked to perfection, topped with a rich chipotle sauce, and smothered in melted aged cheddar cheese.
All of these flavors are served inside a buttery brioche bun, creating a harmonious blend of textures and tastes.
Why You’ll Love this Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt Recipe?
This chicken chipotle melt recipe offers several reasons why it deserves a place in your culinary repertoire. Here are a few:
1. Bold and Spicy: The chipotle peppers add a smoky, earthy flavor with just the right amount of heat, combining perfectly with the savory chicken and melted cheese.
2. Quick and Easy: With simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions, this recipe is a breeze to make, allowing you to enjoy the flavors of a Taco Bell favorite right at home.
3. Customizable: You can personalize this recipe to your liking by adjusting the spice level, adding extra toppings, or experimenting with different cheese varieties.
4. Budget-Friendly: Satisfy your fast food cravings without breaking the bank. Making this Chicken Chipotle Melt at home is not only more cost-effective but also allows you to control the quality of ingredients.
5. Family-Friendly: This recipe is a hit with both kids and adults alike, making it a crowd-pleaser for family meals or gatherings.
You will also like the following Dinner recipes!
To recreate the Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Free-range ground chicken: Used for its lean and flavorful profile, providing the base protein for the Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt.
- Organic all-purpose flour: It’s employed as a binding agent to hold the chicken mixture together and adds a slight texture to the filling.
- Smoked chili powder: Adds a smoky and mildly spicy flavor to replicate the distinct taste found in Taco Bell’s Chicken Chipotle Melt.
- Roasted garlic powder: Imparts a rich, savory depth to the dish, enhancing the overall taste with its aromatic notes.
- Himalayan pink salt: Adds seasoning and balances the flavors of the other ingredients in the recipe.
- Freshly ground Tellicherry black pepper: Brings a distinct and robust peppery flavor, complementing the other spices used.
- Aged sharp cheddar cheese, shredded: Provides a bold and tangy flavor, contributing to the gooey texture and enhancing the overall cheesiness of the melt.
- Organic sour cream: Offers a creamy and tangy element, adding richness and balancing the heat from the chipotle peppers.
- Premium-quality mayonnaise: Adds a creamy texture and contributes a subtle tanginess to the filling.
- Diced chipotle peppers in authentic adobo sauce: Offers a smoky, spicy kick and a depth of flavor, characteristic of the Chipotle Melt’s signature taste.
- Artisanal brioche buns: Serve as the vessel for holding the flavorful chicken filling, offering a soft yet sturdy base for this delicious Taco Bell-inspired dish.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1: Prepare the Chicken Mixture
In a mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients:
- Free-range ground chicken
- Organic all-purpose flour
- Smoked chili powder
- Roasted garlic powder
- Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground Tellicherry black pepper
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly until well-combined to form the seasoned chicken mixture.
Step 2: Cook the Chicken
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the prepared chicken mixture to the skillet and cook, using a spatula to break it apart, until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink, usually taking about 5-7 minutes.
Step 3: Prepare Chipotle Sauce
In a separate small bowl, combine the following ingredients to create the chipotle sauce:
- Organic sour cream
- Premium-quality mayonnaise
- Diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Adjust the amount of chipotle peppers according to your desired level of spiciness.
Step 4: Assemble the Melt
Split the artisanal brioche buns and place them on a baking sheet, cut side up. Divide the cooked ground chicken mixture evenly onto the bottom halves of the buns.
Step 5: Add Cheese and Chipotle Sauce
Sprinkle the shredded aged sharp cheddar cheese evenly over the chicken on each bun. Drizzle the prepared chipotle sauce over the cheese.
Step 6: Bake or Broil
Preheat your oven’s broiler or set it to bake at 400°F (200°C). Place the assembled buns on the baking sheet under the broiler or in the oven. Bake or broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly, typically taking 1-2 minutes under the broiler or 3-5 minutes in the oven.
Step 7: Assemble and Serve
Once the cheese is melted and bubbly, carefully close each sandwich by placing the top bun halves over the melted cheese and chicken.
Step 8: Serve Warm
Serve the Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melts immediately while they’re warm to fully relish the delicious combination of savory, spicy flavors, and melted cheese.
Tips & Tricks:
To help you perfect your Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt, here are some handy tips and tricks:
– For an even smokier flavor, consider grilling the chicken patties instead of using a skillet.
– Add an extra kick of heat by increasing the amount of chipotle peppers in the adobo sauce.
– Experiment with different varieties of cheese, such as pepper jack or mozzarella, to create unique flavor profiles.
– If you prefer a spicier profile, sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes on top of the melted cheese before assembling the sandwich.
– Don’t forget to toast the brioche buns for that extra touch of crispiness and flavor.
The nutritional value of the Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt may vary depending on the specific ingredients you use. Here’s a general breakdown:
– Calories: Approximately 650 per serving
– Fat: 25g
– Carbohydrates: 30g
– Protein: 27g
– Fiber: 3g
– Sodium: 650mg
Can I Store Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt?
While it’s best to enjoy your homemade Chicken Chipotle Melts fresh, you can store any leftover patties in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply heat the patties in a skillet or microwave until warmed through. However, keep in mind that the texture might slightly change upon reheating.
What can I Serve with Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt?
To complete your Taco Bell-inspired meal, consider serving your Chicken Chipotle Melts with a side of crispy fries, crunchy coleslaw, or a fresh garden salad. You can also pair it with a refreshing glass of iced tea or your favorite soft drink.
Put your own spin on the Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt with these tasty variations:
1. Fiesta Veggie Melt: Replace the ground chicken with seasoned black beans or sautéed bell peppers and onions for a vegetarian version of this melt.
2. Spicy Ranch Melt: Swap the chipotle sauce with a spicy ranch dressing for a creamy, tangy twist.
3. BBQ Chicken Melt: Marinate the chicken patties in your favorite BBQ sauce before cooking and top with a slice of crispy bacon for a smoky, sweet flavor.
4. Guacamole Explosion Melt: Add a generous dollop of guacamole to the Chicken Chipotle Melt for a creamy, flavorful burst.
5. Tex-Mex Deluxe Melt: Elevate your melt by adding sliced jalapenos, black olives, or diced tomatoes for extra zest and texture.
- Mixing bowl
- small bowl
- baking sheet
- Oven or broiler
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 2 brioche buns
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp premium-quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup aged sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp smoked chili powder
- 1 tbsp diced chipotle peppers in authentic adobo sauce
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the Chicken Mixture:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the free-range ground chicken, organic all-purpose flour, smoked chili powder, roasted garlic powder, Himalayan pink salt, and freshly ground Tellicherry black pepper. Mix the ingredients until well-combined.
Cook the Chicken:
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the prepared chicken mixture to the skillet and cook, breaking it apart with a spatula, until it’s fully cooked and no longer pink, usually about 5-7 minutes.
Prepare Chipotle Sauce:
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the organic sour cream, premium-quality mayonnaise, and diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Adjust the amount of chipotle peppers according to your desired level of spiciness.
Assemble the Melt:
- Split the artisanal brioche buns and place them on a baking sheet, cut side up. Divide the cooked ground chicken mixture onto the bottom halves of the buns.
Add Cheese and Chipotle Sauce:
- Sprinkle the shredded aged sharp cheddar cheese evenly over the chicken on each bun. Then, drizzle the chipotle sauce over the cheese.
Bake or Broil:
- Preheat your oven’s broiler or set it to bake at 400°F (200°C). Place the assembled buns on the baking sheet under the broiler or in the oven. Bake or broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly, typically 1-2 minutes under the broiler or 3-5 minutes in the oven.
Assemble and Serve:
- Once the cheese is melted and bubbly, remove the buns from the oven. Carefully close each sandwich by placing the top bun halves over the melted cheese and chicken.
- Serve the Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melts immediately while they’re warm and enjoy their delicious, savory, and spicy flavors!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I use ground beef instead of ground chicken?
Absolutely! Ground beef can be used as an alternative to ground chicken if you prefer the taste and texture of beef.
2. Can I make the chicken patties ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the chicken patties ahead of time and refrigerate them until ready to cook. This can be useful for meal prepping or when you want to save time on busy days.
3. Can I substitute the brioche buns with a different type of bread?
While brioche buns are recommended for their buttery richness, you can certainly use other bread options such as ciabatta rolls, pretzel buns, or even regular burger buns.
4. Are chipotle peppers extremely spicy?
Chipotle peppers have a moderate level of spiciness, but the heat can vary depending on the peppers you use and your personal tolerance. Start with a small amount and adjust according to your preference.
5. Can I freeze the chicken patties?
Yes, you can freeze the uncooked chicken patties. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and store them for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator before cooking.
Now that you have a comprehensive guide to recreating the Taco Bell Chicken Chipotle Melt, you can bring the flavors of Tex-Mex delight to your own kitchen.
The combination of smoky chipotle, savory chicken, and melted cheese will tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving more.
With simple ingredients, easy-to-follow steps, and the option to customize, this recipe is a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
Give it a try and savor the deliciousness of this Taco Bell classic with your own homemade twist. Happy cooking!