Last Updated on January 1, 2024
If you’re looking for a delicious and decadent cake recipe, look no further than Costco’s Almond Cake recipe. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. The almond cake is moist fluffy and full of flavor, and the almond-flavored icing on top takes it over the top.
In this article, we’ll discuss what the Costco Almond Cake recipe is, the ingredients used, the directions, tips, nutrition information, what to serve it with, how to store it, and what substitutes you can use. We’ll also discuss some other relevant topics and provide answers to some frequently asked questions.
What is Costco Almond Cake?
Costco’s Almond Cake is a moist and fluffy cake made with almond extract, almond flour, and almond slices. This cake is topped with almond-flavored icing and is perfect for any special occasion. The almond flavour comes through in every bite and the cake’s texture is light and airy. This cake is sure to be a hit with everybody and is the perfect dessert to serve at any gathering.
What does it taste like?
The Costco Almond Cake recipe has a strong almond flavour that stands out in every bite. The almond extract and almond flour give the cake a nut flavor that pairs perfectly with the almond slices. almond-flavored icing as a sweetness and creaminess to the cake brings it all together. The texture of the cake is light and airy, making it the perfect way to end a meal.
You will also like the following Dessert recipes!
- Copycat Jamaican Rum Raisin Cake Recipe
- How to make Infinite Forest Cake
- Easy Ann Sather’s Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Almonds (sliced): Sliced almonds are used in the recipe to add a delightful crunch and a nutty flavor to the cake. They also serve as a decorative element on top of the cake.
- Granulated sugar: Granulated sugar sweetens the cake, providing a balanced and pleasant sweetness. Sugar also plays a role in tenderizing the cake and enhancing its moisture content.
- All-purpose flour: All-purpose flour is the primary dry ingredient in the Costco almond cake recipe. It provides structure to the cake, contributing to its texture and ensuring a proper rise.
- Almond extract: Almond extract imparts a concentrated almond flavor to the cake, enhancing the nuttiness and overall aroma. It adds depth to the cake’s flavor profile.
- Eggs: Eggs contribute to the structure and texture of the cake. They provide moisture, and stability, and act as a leavening agent, helping the cake rise during baking.
- Salt: Salt enhances the overall flavor of the cake by balancing the sweetness and intensifying other taste elements. It also helps to strengthen the cake’s structure.
- Unsalted butter (softened): Unsalted butter adds richness and a moist crumb to the cake. It contributes to the flavor profile and texture, creating a tender and flavorful dessert.
- Baking powder: Baking powder is a leavening agent that helps the cake rise by producing carbon dioxide gas. It contributes to the cake’s light and fluffy texture.
Step 1: Preheat Oven:
Begin by preheating your oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease and flour a bundt cake pan to prevent sticking.
Step 2: Toast Almonds:
Spread the sliced almonds on a baking sheet and toast them in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Keep a close eye to prevent burning. Set aside once toasted.
Step 3: Prepare Batter:
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened unsalted butter and granulated sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
Step 4: Add Eggs:
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. This ensures proper incorporation and a smooth batter.
Step 5: Incorporate Dry Ingredients:
In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
Step 6: Add Almond Extract:
Stir in the almond extract to infuse the cake with a delightful almond flavor.
Step 7: Fold in Almonds:
Gently fold the toasted sliced almonds into the batter, ensuring even distribution and a satisfying texture.
Step 8: Fill the Pan:
Pour the prepared batter into the greased and floured bundt cake pan, spreading it evenly.
Step 9: Bake:
Bake the cake in the preheated oven for approximately 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Monitor the baking time as it may vary.
Step 10: Cool:
Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely, ensuring it sets properly.
Step 11: Optional Glaze (If Desired):
Optionally, you can drizzle the cooled cake with a simple glaze made of powdered sugar and milk. This step adds sweetness and serves as a decorative touch.
Step 12: Slice and Serve:
Once the cake is completely cooled, slice it into portions for serving. This almond cake is delicious or can be enjoyed with a dollop of whipped cream.
Step 13: Enjoy:
Indulge in the delightful flavors and textures of your homemade Costco-style Almond Cake. Its rich almond taste and tender crumb make it a perfect treat for any occasion.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect Costco Almond Cake recipe:
– Make sure to use room temperature ingredients so that the cake will bake evenly.
– To get a nice rise in the cake, make sure to use baking powder instead of baking soda.
– If you want a thinner icing, add a few tablespoons of milk to the icing mixture.
– To ensure that the cake is cooked through, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake to check for doneness.
– If you want to make the cake a bit sweeter, add a few tablespoons of sugar to the icing mixture.
– To ensure that the cake is light and airy, make sure not to overmix the batter.
According to the USDA, one serving of the Costco Almond Cake Recipe contains the following nutrition information:
– Calories: 290
– Fat: 12 grams
– Saturated Fat: 6 grams
– Cholesterol: 55 milligrams
– Sodium: 115 milligrams
– Carbohydrates: 36 grams
– Fiber: 1 grams
– Protein: 5 grams
What to Serve with Costco Almond Cake?
The Costco Almond Cake Recipe pairs perfectly with a variety of sides. Here are some suggestions for what to serve with it:
– Fresh fruit
– Whipped cream
– Ice cream
– Vanilla custard
– Panna cotta
– Chocolate mousse
– Custard tart
– Cream cheese frosting
How to Store Leftover Costco Almond Cake?
Once the cake has cooled, it can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. If you’d like to keep the cake for longer, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you’d like to freeze the cake, it can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.
What Other Substitute Can I Use in Costco Almond Cake?
If you don’t have all the ingredients for the Costco Almond Cake Recipe, here are some substitutes that you can use:
– Vanilla Extract:You can use almond extract instead of vanilla extract.
– Almond Extract:You can use vanilla extract instead of almond extract.
– Almond Flour:You can use all-purpose flour instead of almond flour.
– Almond Slices: You can use chopped almonds instead of almond slices.
– Butter:You can use vegetable oil instead of butter.
– Sugar: You can use honey or maple syrup instead of sugar.
– Eggs: You can use flax eggs or chia eggs instead of eggs.
- Mixing bowl
- baking pan
- Wire Rack
- 4 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 cup Almonds sliced
- 3 cups Granulated sugar
- 8 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons Almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- Spread the sliced almonds on a baking sheet and toast them in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened unsalted butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Incorporate Dry Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
Add Almond Extract:
- Stir in the almond extract to infuse the cake with almond flavor.
Fold in Almonds:
- Gently fold the toasted sliced almonds into the batter until evenly distributed.
Fill the Pan:
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The baking time may vary, so keep an eye on the cake and adjust accordingly.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Optional Glaze (If Desired):
- You can drizzle the cake with a simple glaze made of powdered sugar and milk for added sweetness and decoration.
Slice and Serve:
- Once the cake is completely cooled, slice it into portions and serve. This almond cake is delicious on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Enjoy your homemade Costco-style Almond Cake! It’s a delightful treat with a rich almond flavor and a wonderful texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I make the Costco Almond Cake recipe in a different pan?
Yes, you can make the Costco Almond Cake recipe in a different pan. Just make sure that the pan is the same size as the one specified in the recipe.
2. What kind of icing should I use for the Costco Almond Cake recipe?
You can use any type of icing you would like for the Costco Almond Cake recipe. We suggest using almond-flavored icing because it pairs perfectly with the almond flavor of the cake.
3. How long will the Costco Almond Cake recipe keep?
The Costco Almond Cake recipe is kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to three months.
4. How can I make the Costco Almond Cake recipe gluten-free?
To make the Costco Almond Cake recipe gluten-free, you can use gluten-free all-purpose flour instead of regular all-purpose flour and gluten-free almond flour instead of regular almond flour.
5. What other nuts can I use in the Costco Almond Cake recipe?
You can use any type of nut you would like in the Costco Almond Cake recipe. We suggest using almond slices because they pair perfectly with the almond flavor of the cake.
6. Can I make the Costco Almond Cake recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make the Costco Almond Cake recipe vegan by substituting the eggs for flax eggs or chia eggs and the butter for vegetable oil.
7. Can I make the Costco Almond Cake recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the Costco Almond Cake recipe ahead of time. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to serve it.
The Costco Almond Cake recipe is an easy and delicious cake recipe that is sure to be a hit with the whole family. It’s full of almond flavour and is light and fluffy. almond-flavored icing takes it over the top and makes it the perfect dessert to see on any special occasion. With the right ingredients and a few simple steps, you can make this delicious cake in no time.