Last Updated on October 1, 2023
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make dish that will satisfy the whole family, look no further than Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni recipe.
This classic Italian-American dish is the perfect blend of beef and macaroni, with a flavor that is sure to please everyone.
The dish is simple to prepare, and can be served as a main course or as a side dish. This recipe is sure to be a hit with the kids and adults alike!
What is chef Boyardee beefaroni ?
Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni is one of their classic recipes. It is a combination of ground beef, macaroni noodles, tomato sauce and seasonings.
The dish has a hearty, savory flavor that is convenient and easy to prepare; all you need to do is heat the ingredients together in one pot and bake
This dish has been a family favorite for generations and is a great way to get the whole family to the table.
Why You’ll Love this chef Boyardee beefaroni ?
Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni is not only delicious, it’s also easy to make.
All the ingredients are cooked together in one pot, so you can have dinner on the table in no time.
The dish is also budget-friendly since you can usually find all the ingredients in your pantry. Plus, the leftovers are great for lunch the next day!
You will also like the following delicious recipes!
- Herbalife Baked Goods Mix Copycat Recipe
- Morton’s Steakhouse Creamed Spinach
- How to cook Sicilian Split Pea Soup
This classic dish is made with simple ingredients that you likely have in your pantry. Here’s what you’ll need to make Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni:
• Ground beef: Ground beef adds a hearty flavor to the dish and provides a rich source of protein.
• Olive oil: Olive oil helps to sauté the beef and vegetables.
• Macaroni: The macaroni adds a delicious chewy texture to the dish.
• Tomato sauce: Canned tomato sauce is used in the recipe to add flavor and body to the dish.
• Onion: Chopped onion adds extra flavor and a bit of a crunch to the dish.
• Chili powder, pepper and salt: These spices add flavor and help to bring out the savory taste of the beef.
• Cheese: Adding cheese on top of the dish gives it an extra delicious flavor.
Making Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni is easy and can be done in just a few simple steps. Here’s how to do it:
Start the Beefaroni: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until it is browned, about 8 minutes.
Simmer: Add the macaroni and tomato sauce to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add Flavors: After 12 minutes, add the chopped onion, chili powder, pepper and salt. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Baking Preparation: Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Grease a baking pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Drain any excess liquid from the beefaroni mixture and pour it into the greased baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and top with grated cheese.
Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned on top. Serve hot and enjoy!
Serve: Serve the beefaroni hot with your favorite sides. and enjoy.
There are a few things to keep in mind when making Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni. Here are a few tips to help you make the best dish possible:
• Use lean ground beef for the best flavor.
• Use canned tomatoes for the best flavor and texture.
• Use a short pasta such as elbow macaroni for the best texture.
• Feel free to customize this dish with your favorite spices and herbs.
• For a creamier dish, you can add some cream or half-and-half to the pot.
• If you don’t have cheese on hand, you can omit it from the recipe.
Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply place the dish in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni is a great main course, but it can also be served as a side dish. Here are a few delicious serving suggestions:
• Serve it alongside roasted vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and Brussels sprouts.
• Serve it with a side salad for a light and healthy meal.
• Serve it with garlic bread for a delicious Italian-inspired feast.
• Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes for a comforting and filling meal.
What other substitute can I use in chef Boyardee beefaroni?
If you’re looking for a few substitutes for the ingredients in Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni, here are a few suggestions:
• Ground turkey: Ground turkey can be used in place of ground beef for a lighter version of the dish.
• Canned diced tomatoes: You can use diced tomatoes in place of crushed tomatoes for a chunkier texture.
• Any type of macaroni: You can use any type of macaroni, such as penne, rotini, or shells.
• Low-fat cheese: You can use low-fat cheese in place of full-fat cheese for a healthier version of the dish.
• Spices: You can customize the dish with your favorite spices and herbs, such as oregano, basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, and more.
- Medium size pot
- baking pan
- 2.5 cups of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of macaroni
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil in a medium-size pot over medium heat and add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni, tomato sauce, chopped onion, chili powder, pepper and salt to the pot with the cooked beef; stir everything together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally so the macaroni doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease a baking pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain any excess liquid from beefaroni mixture and pour it into the greased baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and top with grated cheese.
- Bake beefaroni for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned on top.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I make Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make the dish ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply place the dish in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
Q: Can I make Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni without cheese?
A: Yes, you can make the dish without cheese. If desired, you can top it with vegan cheese or omit it entirely for a non-dairy version of the dish.
Q: Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
A: Yes, you can substitute ground turkey in place of the ground beef for a lighter version of the dish. You may need to adjust the cooking time and add additional spices as needed.
Q: Is Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni healthy for pregnant women?
A: Yes, Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni is a healthy dish for pregnant women. It provides lean protein from ground beef and fiber from the macaroni. Just make sure to adjust the seasonings as needed and use low-fat cheese when possible. Additionally, it is important to check with your doctor before consuming any meat products during pregnancy.
Q: Does Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni freeze well?
A: Yes, Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni freezes very well. To freeze the dish, let it cool completely before transferring to an airtight container or resealable freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating. To reheat, place in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!
Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni is a classic Italian-American dish that combines beef and macaroni in one delicious package.
The dish is easy to make, budget-friendly, and sure to please the whole family. Plus, the leftovers are great for lunch the next day!
With just a few simple ingredients and spices, you can have this delicious dish on the table in no time.