Last Updated on November 29, 2023
Muffins are a delicious and easy to make snack. Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast treat or an afternoon snack, muffins are always a hit. Costco’s blueberry muffin recipe is a fan favorite and a great way to get in some fresh fruit and delicious flavor.
In this post, we’ll explore what goes into the recipe, how to make it, and some tips to make the muffins even better.
What is Costco Blueberry Muffin?
Costco’s blueberry muffin recipe is an easy to make treat that is perfect for breakfast, snack time, or a light dessert. It’s made with simple ingredients like blueberries, flour, sugar, and eggs and is loaded with flavor.
The muffins are moist, tender, and sweet, with a hint of tartness from the blueberries. They make a great addition to any meal and can be eaten warm or cold.
What Does It Taste Like?
Costco’s blueberry muffin recipe has a sweet-tart flavor thanks to the addition of fresh blueberries. The muffins are moist and tender, with a crunchy top.
The blueberries add a nice tartness to the muffin, while the sugar and eggs help to create a light and fluffy texture. The muffins are slightly sweet, but not overly so.
You will also like the following dessert recipes!
- Aiea Bowl Lemon Crunch Cake Copycat Recipe
- How to make Hatchet Hall Cornbread
- Best Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
Making Costco’s blueberry muffin recipe is simple and requires few ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
Creamy butter: This is the base for the muffins and adds richness and flavor.
Vanilla extract: A small amount of vanilla extract adds warmth and depth to the muffins.
Lemon zest: The grated lemon zest gives a bright, citrusy aroma to the muffins.
Baking powder: Baking powder helps the muffins rise and creates a light texture.
Flour: Use premium-quality flour for a soft and delicate crumb structure.
Egg: The egg adds moisture and helps create a tender texture.
Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt gives the muffins a velvety, creamy consistency.
Salt: A pinch of salt harmonizes flavors and enhances the overall taste.
Granulated sugar: Sugar is what makes these muffins sweet. Use fine granulated sugar for best results.
Blueberries: Use plump, juicy blueberries for the best taste. Fresh or frozen both work well in this recipe.
Making Costco’s blueberry muffin recipe is easy and requires just a few simple steps. Here’s how to make them:
Step 1: Preheat the oven:
Before you begin, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
Step 2: Make the batter:
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add in the lemon zest and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Step 3: Bake:
Using a large scoop, divide the batter evenly into a 12-cup muffin tin lined with paper liners or greased well with butter. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 4: Serve:
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and serving warm. Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea for a delicious treat.
Here are some tips to make the perfect Costco blueberry muffin recipe:
• Use fresh blueberries for the best flavor and texture.
• Don’t overmix the batter. Mix until just combined to ensure a light and fluffy texture.
• For an extra burst of flavor, add a teaspoon of freshly grated lemon zest.
• For a delicious twist, add a tablespoon of orange zest to the batter.
• Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with coarse sugar for a crunchy topping.
• To make mini muffins, reduce the baking time to 15-20 minutes.
One Costco blueberry muffin contains approximately
What To Serve With Costco Blueberry Muffin?
Costco’s blueberry muffins are great served on their own, but they can also be served with a variety of accompaniments. Here are some ideas:
• Cream cheese: Spread cream cheese over the top of the muffins for a delicious creamy topping.
• Yogurt: Top the muffins with a dollop of Greek yogurt for a healthy and flavorful addition.
• Jam: Spread a spoonful of your favorite jam over the top of the muffins for a sweet and tart flavor.
• Honey: Drizzle the muffins with honey for a sweet and sticky topping.
• Butter: Spread a pat of butter over the top of the muffins for a rich and creamy addition.
How To Store Leftover Costco Blueberry Muffin?
Leftover Costco blueberry muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. Muffins can also be frozen for up to two months.
To thaw, place the muffins in the refrigerator overnight.
What Other Substitutes Can I Use In Costco Blueberry Muffin?
There are a few substitutions that can be made to the Costco blueberry muffin recipe. Here are some ideas:
• Applesauce: Use unsweetened applesauce instead of oil for a healthier option.
• Maple syrup: Use maple syrup instead of sugar for a delicious and natural sweetener.
• Nuts: Add a handful of chopped nuts for a crunchy texture.
• Chocolate chips: Stir in a handful of chocolate chips for a rich and indulgent flavor.
• Coconut: Add a handful of shredded coconut for a tropical twist.
- large scoop
- 1/4 cup of softened creamy butter (use salted or unsalted based on your preference for a perfect balance)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract lending a warm and inviting undertone
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly grated lemon zest providing a burst of citrusy aroma and flavor
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder promoting a light and fluffy rise
- 1 cup of premium-quality flour for a soft and delicate crumb structure
- 1 egg ensuring a moist and tender texture to the final creation
- 1/4 cup of non-fat plain Greek yogurt adding a velvety and creamy consistency
- A pinch of table salt about 1/16 teaspoon, harmonizing the flavors and enhancing the overall taste
- 1/2 cup of fine granulated sugar imparting a delightful sweetness to every bite
- 1 cup of plump juicy blueberries, whether fresh or frozen, bursting with vibrant color and natural sweetness
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the lemon zest and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Using a large scoop, divide the batter evenly into a 12-cup muffin tin lined with paper liners or greased well with butter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan and serving warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of blueberry should I use for the muffins?
Fresh blueberries work best for the muffins, as they are juicy and flavorful. Frozen blueberries can also be used, but be sure to thaw them before using.
Can I make the muffins gluten-free?
Yes, you can easily make the muffins gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend.
Can I use any type of oil in the muffins?
Any type of vegetable oil can be used, such as canola oil or coconut oil.
Can I freeze the muffins?
Yes, the muffins can be frozen for up to two months.
Does the recipe require any special equipment?
No, the recipe does not require any special equipment. All you need is a bowl and a whisk.
Costco’s blueberry muffin recipe is a simple, delicious, and easy to make treat. It’s perfect for breakfast, snack time, or a light dessert. The recipe requires just a few simple ingredients, and the muffins are moist, tender, and sweet.
Plus, the muffins can be stored for up to three days and frozen for up to two months. So, the next time you’re looking for a quick snack, give Costco’s blueberry muffin recipe a try!