Last Updated on November 17, 2023
Gingerbread muffins are a delicious and comforting treat that can be enjoyed any time of the year. The combination of spices, molasses, and sugar make these muffins irresistible. Jason’s Deli has a simple but delicious recipe for gingerbread muffins that is sure to be a hit with everyone in the family.
In this blog post, we will discuss what makes Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins so delicious and detail the ingredients, instructions, and variations that you can make to customize the recipe. We will also discuss how to store the muffins, nutrition information, and answer some frequently asked questions.
What is Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins?
Jason’s Deli is a popular American deli chain known for its fresh and healthy food options. Along with sandwiches, salads, and soups, they also offer a variety of baked goods, including their famous gingerbread muffins.
Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins are a sweet and spicy treat that is perfect for any occasion. The recipe is simple to make and can be customized to suit your taste. The combination of spices and molasses give these muffins a unique flavor that will have you coming back for more. The muffins are moist and fluffy, and the crunchy topping adds a nice texture.
This recipe is a great way to use up any leftover molasses you may have in your pantry. The addition of the spices gives the muffins an extra kick and makes them a perfect accompaniment to coffee or tea. Whether you’re looking for an excuse to use up some molasses or just a tasty treat, these muffins are sure to hit the spot.
Why You’ll Love This Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins?
There are many reasons why you will love this Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins recipe. The combination of spices and molasses give the muffins a unique flavor that will have you coming back for more. The muffins are moist and fluffy, and the crunchy topping adds a nice texture.
This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste. You can make the muffins more or less sweet by adjusting the amount of molasses and spices. If you have leftover molasses, this is a great way to use it up. The muffins can also be frozen and reheated for a quick and easy snack.
You will also like the following dessert recipes!
- Paula Deen White Chocolate Bread Pudding Copycat Recipe
- How to make Costco Tuxedo Cake
- Best Golden Corral Bread Pudding Recipe
Baking powder: This is a leavening agent that helps the muffins rise while baking.
All-purpose flour: This is the base of the muffins and will give them a light and fluffy texture.
Salt: A small amount of salt balances out the sweetness in the muffins.
Baking soda: Another leavening agent that also helps to balance the acidity of the molasses.
Ground cinnamon: Adding a hint of sweetness and warmth to the muffins, this spice complements the ginger perfectly.
Ground ginger: This is the star ingredient that gives these muffins their warm and spicy flavor.
Ground cloves: Aromatic and slightly bitter, a small amount of ground cloves adds depth to the muffins.
Ground nutmeg: A pinch of ground nutmeg adds a subtle nutty flavor to the muffins.
Molasses: This thick and dark syrup gives the muffins a rich and deep flavor.
Vegetable oil: This is used to give the muffins a moist and tender texture.
Brown sugar: Adding sweetness and moisture to the muffins, brown sugar is an essential ingredient in this recipe.
Egg: The binding agent in this recipe, the egg helps to hold all of the ingredients together.
Hot water: This is used to enhance the consistency of the batter and help dissolve some of the dry ingredients.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Preheat the oven:
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners. This will ensure that the muffins do not stick to the pan and make for easy clean-up.
Step 2: Mix dry ingredients:
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Make sure to mix well so that all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Step 3: Mix wet ingredients:
In a separate bowl, whisk together the molasses, brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and hot water until fully combined. Whisking the wet ingredients ensures that they are mixed thoroughly before adding them to the dry ingredients.
Step 4: Combine wet and dry ingredients:
Gradually pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in dense and tough muffins.
Step 5: Fill muffin liners:
Fill each muffin liner about three-quarters full with batter. An ice cream scoop or measuring cup can be useful for this step to ensure the muffins are all the same size.
Step 6: Add topping:
For an extra crunch and touch of sweetness, you can sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of each muffin before baking.
Step 7: Bake:
Bake the muffins for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Keep an eye on them towards the end of the baking time to make sure they don’t overcook.
Step 8: Cool and enjoy:
Let the muffins cool in the tin for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, you can enjoy these delicious gingerbread muffins as a snack or dessert.
– Make sure to not over mix the batter, as this will result in tough muffins.
– If you don’t have all of the spices, you can use a combination of what you have.
– If you don’t have molasses, you can use dark brown sugar instead.
– If you want to make the muffins more or less sweet, you can adjust the amount of sugar and molasses.
– You can freeze the muffins for up to 3 months.
Each muffin contains approximately
How to Store Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins?
The muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you would like to store them for longer, they can be frozen for up to 3 months.
To reheat, place in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Chocolate Chip– Add ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter.
Cranberry Orange– Add ¼ cup of dried cranberries and the zest of 1 orange to the batter.
Maple Walnut– Replace the molasses with ¾ cup of pure maple syrup and add ½ cup of chopped walnuts to the batter.
Pumpkin Spice– Replace the molasses with ½ cup of pure pumpkin puree and add an additional teaspoon of ground cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves to the batter.
Carrot Cake– Add ¾ cup of grated carrots and 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom to the batter.
- large bowl
- 1 cup All-purpose flour for a light and fluffy texture
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder to help the cookies rise
- 1 teaspoon Ground ginger for a warm and spicy flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda for additional leavening
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt to balance the sweetness
- 1/4 cup Molasses for rich, deep flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh ground cinnamon to add a hint of sweetness and warmth
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground cloves for a touch of aromatic spice
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg to bring a subtle nutty flavor
- 1 Egg to bind the ingredients together
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar to add sweetness and moisture
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil for a moist and tender texture
- 1/2 cup Hot water to enhance the consistency and dissolve ingredients
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the molasses, brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg, and hot water.
- Gradually pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fill each muffin liner about three-quarters full with batter.
- Optional: Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of each muffin for an extra crunch.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make these muffins vegan?
Yes, you can make these muffins vegan by using vegan butter and a flax egg instead of regular butter and eggs.
Can I add other mix-ins?
Yes, you can add other mix-ins such as nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
How do I know when the muffins are done?
The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Can I make these muffins gluten-free?
Yes, you can make these muffins gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour blend.
Can I make these muffins ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these muffins ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins are a delicious and comforting treat that is perfect for any occasion. The recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste.
The combination of spices and molasses give these muffins a unique flavor that will have you coming back for more.
Whether you’re looking for an excuse to use up some molasses or just a tasty treat, these muffins are sure to hit the spot.