Last Updated on November 23, 2023
If you are looking for a classic dessert recipe that will transport you to the tropics, then look no further than the delectable Costco Key Lime Pie.
This sweet, tart, and creamy pie is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth! Made with a simple graham cracker crust, creamy key lime filling, and fluffy meringue topping, it’s the perfect way to end any meal. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. So, let’s learn how to make this classic key lime pie recipe.
What is Costco Key Lime Pie?
The Costco Key Lime Pie Recipe is a classic dessert that is made from a combination of graham cracker crust, creamy key lime filling, and fluffy meringue topping.
This dessert is a popular choice for summer gatherings and is sure to be a hit with family and friends. This recipe is also incredibly easy to make, so it is perfect for those who are just beginning to learn how to bake.
What Does it Taste Like?
The Costco Key Lime Pie Recipe has a unique flavor that combines the tartness of lime with the sweetness of meringue. The graham cracker crust provides a crunchy texture that contrasts nicely with the creamy filling.
The fluffy meringue topping adds a light sweetness that helps to balance out the tartness of the lime. All in all, it is a delightful treat that is sure to please everyone.
You will also like the following Appetizer recipes!
- Best Joanna Gaines Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Pappadeaux Crab And Spinach Dip
- Easy Morton’s Steakhouse Chicken Christopher Recipe
This recipe calls for a few simple ingredients:
Sweetened condensed milk: This is the key ingredient that gives the filling its rich and creamy texture.
Sour cream: This adds a tangy flavor and helps to balance out the sweetness.
Unsalted butter: This is used to make the graham cracker crust, providing a buttery undertone.
Graham cracker crumbs: The base for this pie is made from finely crushed graham crackers, adding a delicious crunch.
Lime zest and juice: These provide a burst of citrusy flavor that gives this pie its signature taste.
Sugar: A little bit of sugar is needed to balance out the tartness of the lime.
Step 1: Preheat the oven:
Begin by preheating your oven to a toasty 350°F (175°C).
Step 2: Make the crust:
Craft the crust magic in a small bowl by blending graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup of sugar.
Step 3: Press the crust into a pie dish:
Exercise your crust-pressing prowess by firmly molding the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, ensuring a snug fit across the bottom and up the sides.
Step 4: Bake the crust:
Toss your crust creation into the oven for a 10-minute tanning session.
Step 5: Make the filling:
While the crust works its baking charm, whip up the filling in a mixing bowl. Combine condensed milk, sour cream, lime zest, and juice until the concoction is harmoniously blended.
Step 6: Pour the filling into the crust:
Once the crust has reached its golden potential, gracefully pour the filling into its cozy cradle, spreading it like the final stroke of a masterpiece.
Step 7: Bake again:
Give your pie-in-the-making another 15 minutes in the oven to achieve a perfect union of flavors.
Step 8: Cool and refrigerate:
Let the pie cool its heels, achieving a state of complete chillness before escorting it to the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours.
Step 9: Serve chilled:
When it’s showtime, serve your creation in all its chilled glory, perhaps crowned with a cloud of meringue or a dollop of whipped cream.
• Make sure to use freshly squeezed key lime juice for the best flavor.
• To ensure the meringue cooks evenly, spread it in a thin layer over the top of the pie.
• To achieve a perfectly golden meringue topping, use a kitchen torch to lightly brown the top.
• To prevent the crust from becoming soggy, make sure to bake the pie until the filling is set.
• To prevent the meringue from sinking into the filling, make sure to spread it on top of the still-warm pie.
One slice of Costco Key Lime Pie contains approximately
What to Serve with Costco Key Lime Pie?
• Vanilla ice cream
• Whipped cream
• Fresh fruit
• Chocolate shavings
• Caramel sauce
• Coconut flakes
How to Store Leftover Costco Key Lime Pie?
Leftover Costco Key Lime Pie can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What Other Substitutes Can I Use in Costco Key Lime Pie?
• Lemon juice – Use freshly squeezed lemon juice in place of the key lime juice for a slightly different flavor.
• Cream cheese – Use softened cream cheese in place of the condensed milk for a richer filling.
• Margarine – Use melted margarine in place of the butter for a vegan-friendly crust.
• Coconut sugar – Use coconut sugar in place of the regular sugar for a healthier version of the pie.
• Coconut milk – Use coconut milk in place of the condensed milk for a dairy-free option.
• Coconut flakes – Sprinkle toasted coconut flakes over the top of the pie for an extra layer of flavor and texture.
- 3 cups of lusciously sweetened condensed milk promising a decadent and indulgent flavor profile
- 1/2 cup of velvety sour cream ensuring a smooth and creamy texture that complements the sweetness
- 4 tablespoons of impeccably melted unsalted butter ready to impart a rich and buttery undertone to your creation
- 1 1/2 cups of finely crushed graham cracker crumbs offering a crunchy and crumbly base for your delightful treat
- 3 teaspoons of finely grated lime zest providing a burst of citrusy aroma and zing
- 12 tablespoons of tantalizingly tart key lime juice infusing a refreshing and citrusy kick
- 1/2 cup of fine granulated sugar adding just the right amount of sweetness to balance the tangy lime flavors
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, making sure to pack it tightly and evenly across the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a mixing bowl, beat together the condensed milk, sour cream, lime zest and juice until well combined.
- Once the crust is done baking, pour in the filling and spread it evenly.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely before refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled, topped with fluffy meringue or whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a key lime and a regular lime?
A key lime is a smaller, more tart variety of lime that is native to Florida and the Caribbean. Regular limes are larger and have a milder flavor.
Is it necessary to use freshly squeezed key lime juice?
For the best flavor, it is recommended to use freshly squeezed key lime juice.
Can I use a different type of crust for this recipe?
Yes, you can use a different type of crust such as a chocolate or nut-based crust.
Can I make the meringue topping ahead of time?
Yes, the meringue topping can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Can this recipe be made with regular limes?
Yes, this recipe can be made with regular limes in place of key limes.
The Costco Key Lime Pie Recipe is a classic dessert that is sure to be a hit with family and friends. This easy-to-make recipe calls for a few simple ingredients and is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
With its tart lime flavor and fluffy meringue topping, it is the perfect way to end any meal. So, what are you waiting for
Give this classic recipe a try!