Last Updated on November 21, 2023
Costco prime rib recipe is one of the most delicious and easy-to-make recipes that you can find. It is a prime rib roast that is marinated overnight in a bold and flavorful blend of spices and herbs, then slow roasted in the oven for a few hours until it is perfectly cooked.
The result is a juicy, tender and flavorful piece of meat that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
This delicious recipe is not only easy to make, but it is also quite affordable. Costco is known for their great prices and this recipe is no exception.
The ingredients are relatively inexpensive and the marinade and cooking time make the recipe quite economical.
In this blog post, we’ll be discussing everything you need to know about Costco prime rib recipe, including its ingredients, directions, notes, storage tips, nutrition information, and serving suggestions.
We’ll also discuss some other substitutes you can use for the ingredients and provide some frequently asked questions as well.
What is Costco Prime Rib?
Costco prime rib is a classic roast that is marinated overnight in a flavorful blend of spices and herbs, then slowly roasted in the oven. The marinade adds a delicious flavor to the meat, and the slow roasting ensures that the prime rib remains juicy and tender.
The dish is usually served with roasted vegetables or a salad, making it a complete meal. It is a great option for a family dinner or special occasion.
Why You’ll Love this Costco Prime Rib Recipe?
There are many reasons why you’ll love this Costco prime rib recipe. First and foremost, it is incredibly easy to make. The marinade is simple to prepare and the cooking time is relatively short.
In addition, the marinade adds a delicious flavor to the meat, and the slow roasting ensures that the prime rib remains juicy and tender.
The dish is also quite affordable. The ingredients are relatively inexpensive and the marinade and cooking time make the recipe quite economical.
Finally, this recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. It is a great option for a family dinner or special occasion.
You will also like the following Dinner recipes!
- Copycat Costco Rib Rub Recipe
- Easy Trader Joes Burritos In An Air Fryer
- How to make Red Lobster Baja Shrimp Bowl
The following ingredients are needed for this Costco prime rib recipe:
– 1 (4-6 pounds) prime rib roast: The prime rib roast is the star of the dish. It is a large cut of meat that is full of flavor and is relatively lean.
– 1/4 cup olive oil: The olive oil is used to help marinate the roast and add flavor.
– 3 cloves garlic, minced: The garlic adds a nice flavor to the marinade.
– 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary: Rosemary adds a great flavor to the marinade.
– 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme: Thyme adds a nice flavor to the marinade.
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika: The smoked paprika adds a smoky flavor to the marinade.
– 1 teaspoon salt: The salt helps to season the meat.
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper: The black pepper adds a nice flavor to the marinade.
– 1/4 cup red wine: The red wine adds a nice flavor to the marinade.
– 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce: The Worcestershire sauce adds a nice flavor to the marinade.
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) to create the ideal cooking environment for the ribeye roast.
Step 2: Prepare the Flavorful Paste
In a small bowl, create a flavorful paste by mixing together extra-virgin olive oil, finely chopped garlic, fragrant rosemary, chopped thyme leaves, smoky paprika, sea salt, and cracked black pepper. Ensure all the ingredients are well combined, forming a fragrant and herb-infused paste.
Step 3: Rub the Paste on the Ribeye Roast
Rub the flavorful paste generously over the surface of the ribeye roast, ensuring that it is evenly coated on all sides. This step ensures that the roast is infused with a robust combination of herbs and spices.
Step 4: Initial Roasting
Place the prepared ribeye roast on a rack in a roasting pan with the fat side up. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast, ensuring it’s not touching the bone. Roast the meat in the preheated oven for 20 minutes to sear the outside and lock in juices.
Step 5: Adjust Oven Temperature
Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F (160°C) to allow for a slower and more controlled roasting process. Continue roasting, estimating about 15-20 minutes per pound for medium-rare, or until the thermometer reads your desired doneness (135°F or 57°C for medium-rare, 145°F or 63°C for medium).
Step 6: Prepare Wine and Worcestershire Mixture
While the roast is cooking, in a separate bowl, combine rich red wine and savory Worcestershire sauce to create a flavorful basting mixture.
Step 7: Baste the Roast
About halfway through the cooking time, baste the ribeye roast with the wine and Worcestershire mixture. This enhances moisture retention and adds depth to the flavors.
Step 8: Rest the Roast
Once the ribeye roast reaches your desired doneness, remove it from the oven and tent it loosely with foil. Allow it to rest for at least 15-20 minutes. This resting period is crucial to allow the juices to redistribute, ensuring a moist and succulent final result.
Step 9: Slice and Serve
After resting, slice the ribeye roast against the grain into thick, succulent portions. Serve these delicious, uniquely flavored prime rib slices to impress everyone with your culinary skills.
When it comes to making this Costco prime rib recipe, there are a few important tips to keep in mind:
– Make sure to marinate the roast overnight: This will ensure that the meat is flavorful and tender.
– Be sure to preheat the oven:Preheating the oven will help the roast cook evenly.
– Check the internal temperature of the roast:This will ensure that the roast is cooked to the desired temperature.
– Let the roast rest before slicing: This will help the juices redistribute throughout the roast.
– Serve the roast with your favorite sides:Roasted vegetables, potatoes, or a salad all make for great accompaniments.
This Costco prime rib recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. To store, let the roast cool completely before wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped roast in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
When ready to reheat, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the roast from the container and place it in a baking dish. Reheat the roast for 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F.
One serving of this Costco prime rib recipe contains approximately 350 calories, 15 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbohydrates, and 40 grams of protein.
This Costco prime rib roast is best served with roasted vegetables or a salad. Here are some tasty side dishes to serve alongside the roast:
– Roasted Potatoes: Roasted potatoes add a delicious flavor and a nice texture to the dish.
– Roasted Brussels Sprouts: Roasted Brussels sprouts are a great way to get in some vegetables.
– Sauteed Spinach: Sauteed spinach is a healthy way to add some greens to the meal.
– Steamed Asparagus: Steamed asparagus is a tasty and nutritious side dish.
– Garlic Bread: Garlic bread is a great way to add some carbs to the meal.
What other substitute can I use in costco prime rib recipe?
If you don’t have all of the ingredients for this Costco prime rib recipe, you can use some substitutes. Here are some ideas:
– Olive Oil:You can use vegetable oil, coconut oil, or butter in place of the olive oil.
– Garlic:You can use garlic powder in place of the fresh garlic.
– Rosemary: You can use dried rosemary in place of the fresh rosemary.
– Thyme: You can use dried thyme in place of the fresh thyme.
– Smoked Paprika:You can use regular paprika in place of the smoked paprika.
– Red Wine: You can use beef broth or apple cider vinegar in place of the red wine.
– Worcestershire Sauce: You can use tamari or soy sauce in place of the Worcestershire sauce.
- Prime rib roast 4-6 pounds
- Olive oil 1/4 cup
- Garlic 3 cloves, minced
- Fresh rosemary 2 tbsp, minced
- thyme 2 tbsp, minced
- Smoked paprika 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Red wine 1/4 cup
- Worcestershire sauce 1/4 cup
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the extra-virgin olive oil, finely chopped garlic, fragrant rosemary, chopped thyme leaves, smoky paprika, sea salt, and cracked black pepper to create a paste.
- Rub this flavorful paste generously over the surface of the ribeye roast, ensuring it’s evenly coated on all sides.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan with the fat side up. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast, ensuring it’s not touching bone.
- Roast the meat in the preheated oven for 20 minutes to sear the outside and lock in juices.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F (160°C) and continue roasting. Estimate about 15-20 minutes per pound for medium-rare or until the thermometer reads your desired doneness: 135°F (57°C) for medium-rare, 145°F (63°C) for medium.
- While the roast is cooking, in a separate bowl, combine the rich red wine and savory Worcestershire sauce.
- About halfway through the cooking time, baste the roast with this wine and Worcestershire mixture to keep it moist and add depth to the flavors.
- Once the roast reaches your desired doneness, remove it from the oven and tent it loosely with foil. Let it rest for at least 15-20 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Slice the ribeye roast against the grain into thick, succulent portions and serve, impressing everyone with your delicious, uniquely flavored prime rib!
- Enjoy your culinary masterpiece!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How long should I marinate the prime rib roast?
The roast should be marinated overnight for best results.
Q2: How long should I cook the prime rib roast?
The roast should be cooked for 20 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Q3: Can I use other cuts of beef in this recipe?
Yes, you can use other cuts of beef such as ribeye or sirloin.
Q4: How long can I store the prime rib roast?
The prime rib roast can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Q5: Can I use substitutes for the ingredients?
Yes, you can use substitutes for the ingredients such as vegetable oil, garlic powder, dried rosemary, dried thyme, regular paprika, beef broth, apple cider vinegar, tamari, or soy sauce.
Q6: What are some serving suggestions for the prime rib roast?
Some serving suggestions for the prime rib roast include roasted potatoes, roasted Brussels sprouts, sauteed spinach, steamed asparagus, and garlic bread.
Q7: How many calories are in one serving of this Costco prime rib recipe?
One serving of this Costco prime rib recipe contains approximately.
The Costco Prime Rib recipe encapsulates the essence of indulgence and simplicity, combining a quality prime rib roast with a medley of flavors.
With the rich, robust meat as its centerpiece, the marinade—composed of fragrant herbs like rosemary and thyme, complemented by garlic, smoked paprika, red wine, and Worcestershire sauce—elevates the roast’s natural flavors.
The fusion of these ingredients creates a tantalizing aroma and a symphony of tastes that culminate in a tender, succulent prime rib. From the first savory bite to the lingering satisfaction, this recipe epitomizes a harmonious blend of quality ingredients, celebrating the joy of hearty, comforting dining experiences.