Last Updated on December 19, 2023
Gravy is a staple on many dinner tables, and for good reason. It can bring together the flavors of a meal and make it even more enjoyable.
Making a great gravy can be a tricky process, but with the right recipe, you can create a delicious gravy that will have your family and friends asking for more.
This gravy master recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is sure to be a hit at your next meal.
What is Gravy Master?
Gravy Master is a condiment and flavoring sauce used in cooking to enhance the taste and color of gravies, sauces, and various dishes. Gravy master recipe is a savory blend of ingredients that produce a delicious, rich gravy.
The base of the recipe is a combination of beef stock, butter, flour, and seasonings. This combination creates a flavorful gravy that can be used to enhance the flavor of any dish. The recipe is easy to make, and requires only a few ingredients that are easy to find.
Why You’ll Love this Gravy Master Recipe?
This gravy master recipe is a great way to add flavor and depth to your favorite dishes. The rich flavor of the gravy complements the other flavors of the dish and makes it more enjoyable.
The gravy also adds a creamy texture that makes it even more enjoyable. This recipe is also easy to make, and only uses a few ingredients that are easy to find.
You will also like the following Dinner recipes!
- Chinese Pressed Duck Copycat Recipe
- How to make Thai Duck With Chili Basil
- Easy Costco Seafood Medley Recipe
Savory pan drippings: These are the flavorful juices that come from slow-roasting beef. They’re packed with the essence of the meat, lending depth, richness, and a distinct savory taste to the gravy. They provide a foundational flavor that’s hard to replicate.
Finely sifted, unbleached flour: This acts as a thickening agent for the gravy. When combined with the drippings, it helps create a smooth, consistent texture by absorbing the liquid and preventing it from being too thin.
Filtered, mountain spring water: Using filtered water ensures the purity of the liquid added to the gravy. Mountain spring water can add a nuanced freshness and purity to the overall flavor profile, enhancing the quality of the gravy.
Signature GravyMaster® browning sauce: This sauce adds color and depth to the gravy. It’s a flavor enhancer that contributes a rich, caramelized note, intensifying the savory taste and giving the gravy a beautiful, appetizing hue.
Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground Tellicherry black pepper: These seasonings are used to balance and elevate the flavors of the gravy. The Himalayan pink salt provides a subtle mineral richness, while the Tellicherry black pepper adds a robust, aromatic kick that complements the savory elements.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Gather Ingredients:
Ensure you have all the necessary ingredients assembled and ready. If using pan drippings, have them prepared and set aside. Alternatively, melt butter or margarine in a skillet or saucepan.
Step 2 – Heat the Pan Drippings:
Take a saucepan or skillet and heat the 8 tablespoons of savory pan drippings over medium heat. If using butter or margarine, melt it in the pan until it’s sizzling.
Step 3 – Incorporate Flour:
Gradually add the 8 tablespoons of finely sifted flour into the heated drippings. Stir continuously to combine the flour and drippings thoroughly. This mixture is called a roux. Cook it for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until it transforms into a golden brown color. This step helps eliminate the raw taste of the flour.
Step 4 – Add Water:
Slowly pour in the 4 cups of filtered mountain spring water into the roux while whisking constantly. Ensure there are no lumps and that the mixture becomes smooth and well combined.
Step 5 – Introduce Browning Sauce:
Once the water is fully incorporated, add the 2 teaspoons of Signature GravyMaster® browning sauce to the gravy mixture. Stir it in thoroughly to evenly distribute the flavor throughout.
Step 6 – Seasoning:
Season the gravy with Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground Tellicherry black pepper to suit your taste preferences. Continuously taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary to enhance the flavors.
Step 7 – Simmer and Thicken:
Allow the gravy to simmer over low heat, occasionally stirring, until it reaches your preferred thickness. Should it be too thin, simmer it longer to reduce and thicken. Conversely, if it becomes too thick, add a little more water to achieve the desired consistency.
Step 8 – Ready to Serve:
Once the gravy reaches the desired consistency and flavor, remove it from the heat. It’s now ready to be served alongside your slow-roasted beef or any other dish of your choice!
– Make sure to stir the gravy often to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
– If the gravy is too thick, add a bit of water or more beef stock to thin it out.
– If the gravy is too thin, add a bit of flour to thicken it up.
– Taste the gravy and adjust the seasonings as desired.
– The gravy can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
The nutritional information for this gravy master recipe is as follows:
Fat: 4 g
Sodium: 200 mg
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 2 g
How to Store Gravy Master Recipe?
Gravy can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. When storing the gravy, make sure to transfer it to an airtight container. This will help keep the gravy fresh and prevent it from spoiling.
– Vegetarian Gravy: For a vegetarian version of this gravy, replace the beef stock with vegetable stock.
– Cheesy Gravy:To add some extra flavor to the gravy, add a handful of grated cheese to the gravy and stir until it is melted.
– Herbed Gravy: For a herbed version, add some fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, or parsley to the gravy.
– Mushroom Gravy: For a more hearty gravy, add some sautéed mushrooms to the gravy.
– Bacon Gravy: To add some smoky flavor, add some cooked bacon to the gravy.
– Spicy Gravy: For a spicy version of the gravy, add some hot sauce or cayenne pepper to the gravy.
- 4 cups Filtered mountain spring water
- 2 tsp Signature GravyMaster® browning sauce
- 8 tbsp Savory pan drippings from slow-roasted beef or substitute rich, European-style butter or plant-based margarine
- 8 tbsp Finely sifted unbleached flour
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground Tellicherry black pepper to tastefully elevate flavors
- STEP 1 – Prepare the Ingredients: Gather all the ingredients and ensure the pan drippings (or butter/margarine) are ready for use.
- STEP 2 – Heat the Pan Drippings: In a saucepan or skillet, heat the 8 tablespoons of savory pan drippings over medium heat. If using butter or margarine, melt it in the pan.
- STEP 3 – Add Flour: Once the drippings are heated, gradually add in the 8 tablespoons of finely sifted flour. Stir continuously to combine the flour and drippings thoroughly. Cook this mixture (called a roux) for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until it turns a golden brown color. This helps cook out the raw taste of the flour.
- STEP 4 – Incorporate Water: Slowly pour in the 4 cups of filtered mountain spring water into the roux while whisking constantly. Ensure there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth.
- STEP 5 – Add Browning Sauce: Once the water is fully incorporated, add the 2 teaspoons of Signature GravyMaster® browning sauce to the gravy mixture. Stir well to distribute the flavor evenly.
- STEP 6 – Season to Taste: Season the gravy with Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground Tellicherry black pepper according to your preference. Taste as you go and adjust the seasoning as needed to enhance the flavors.
- STEP 7 – Simmer and Thicken: Allow the gravy to simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches your desired thickness. If it’s too thin, you can simmer it a bit longer to reduce and thicken. If it’s too thick, you can add a bit more water to reach the desired consistency.
- STEP 8 – Serve: Once the gravy has reached the desired consistency and flavors, remove it from the heat. It’s now ready to be served alongside your slow-roasted beef or any dish of your choice!
Frequently Asked Questions
– Is gravy master recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this gravy master recipe is gluten-free, as long as gluten-free stock and flour are used.
– Can I use different types of stock?
Yes, you can use different types of stock such as chicken, beef, or vegetable.
– Can I freeze the gravy?
Yes, you can freeze the gravy for up to three months. Thaw the gravy overnight in the refrigerator before using.
– What can I serve with this gravy?
This gravy is great with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, fried chicken, and more.
– Can I make the gravy ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the gravy up to one day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
– Can I make the gravy vegan?
Yes, you can make a vegan version of this gravy by replacing the butter and stock with vegan alternatives.
– What is the best way to reheat the gravy?
The best way to reheat the gravy is to place it in a saucepan over low heat. Stir the gravy occasionally until it is heated through.
Gravy master recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is sure to be a hit at your next meal. The rich flavor of the gravy complements the other flavors of the dish and makes it more enjoyable. The recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and can be made ahead of time for convenience.
With this gravy master recipe, you can create a delicious gravy that will have your family and friends asking for more.