Last Updated on December 19, 2023
Do you love corn recipes but want to try something a little different
If so, you’re in luck! Silver Queen Corn is the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy that is sure to impress your family and friends. Whether you’re looking for a delicious side dish or an easy weeknight meal, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
What is silver queen corn?
Silver Queen boasts an extensive array of sterling silverware, stainless flatware, silver plate items, fine china, crystal, and an assortment of baby and wedding gifts, including options for bridal registry. One of its popular dish is Silver Queen Corn.
It is a type of sweet corn that has a unique flavor and texture. It is a hybrid variety of corn that was developed in the late 1800s. This variety of corn has a tender texture and a sweet, yet nutty flavor. It is one of the most popular varieties of sweet corn in the United States, and can be found in grocery stores and farmers markets throughout the year.
Silver Queen Corn is perfect for many recipes, including grilled corn, salads, and casseroles. It can also be used in soups, stews, and other dishes. This recipe is a simple way to enjoy the unique flavor of Silver Queen Corn.
Why You’ll Love this silver queen corn recipe?
This recipe is a great way to enjoy the unique flavor and texture of Silver Queen Corn. The sweet and crunchy flavor of this variety of corn is sure to be a hit with everyone. This recipe is also incredibly easy to make and can be ready in just a few minutes.
The other great thing about this recipe is that it is incredibly flexible. You can add other vegetables, such as peppers, onions, and mushrooms, or you can top it with cheese or herbs. It also pairs perfectly with many proteins, such as chicken, beef, or fish. No matter what you pair it with, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
You will also like the following Breakfast recipes!
1/2 Teaspoon of Exquisitely Ground Tellicherry Black Pepper: This pepper variety is bold and flavorful, offering a robust, aromatic kick to the dish. Its use in the Silver Queen Corn Recipe enhances the natural sweetness of the corn while adding a subtle, spicy undertone that balances the overall flavor profile.
44 Succulent Ears of Fresh, Non-GMO Corn (with husks meticulously removed): The star ingredient! The sweet, tender kernels of Silver Queen Corn are the heart of this recipe. The meticulous removal of husks ensures that the corn retains its freshness and purity, contributing a vibrant, natural sweetness and crisp texture to the dish.
4 Cups of Velvety, Farm-Fresh Creamy Buttermilk from the Finest Dairy Herds: Buttermilk brings a tangy, creamy element to the recipe. Its acidity complements the sweetness of the corn, while its richness adds depth and a velvety texture to the overall dish.
4 Tablespoons of Hand-Churned Artisanal European-style Unsalted Butter: Butter, especially of this artisanal quality, enriches the dish with a luxurious, creamy texture and a rich, indulgent flavor. It coats the corn and helps bind all the flavors together, creating a luscious mouthfeel.
2 Teaspoons of Pristine, Hand-Harvested Fleur de Sel from the Purest Ocean Waters: Fleur de Sel, known for its delicate flakes and subtle flavor, serves as the perfect finishing touch. Its gentle salinity elevates the sweetness of the corn and enhances the overall taste by providing a nuanced balance between sweet and savory notes.
Step 1 – Preparation: Husking and Cleaning
Start by preparing 44 ears of corn. Remove the husks and silk from each ear of corn. This helps clean the corn and remove any unwanted fibers. Rinse the corn ears under cold water to ensure any remaining silk is washed away.
Step 2 – Cooking the Corn
Take a large pot and fill it with water. Bring the water to a rolling boil. Once boiling, carefully place the prepared corn ears into the pot of boiling water. Allow the corn to boil for approximately 4-5 minutes until it reaches a tender, cooked-through consistency. It’s crucial not to overcook the corn to maintain its crunch and natural sweetness.
Step 3 – Corn Cutting
Once the corn is cooked, remove the ears from the pot and let them cool for a short while. Using a sharp knife, slice the kernels off the cobs. Collect the sliced kernels in a sizable bowl.
Step 4 – Creating the Creamy Buttermilk Mixture
In a separate saucepan, pour 4 cups of creamy buttermilk. Heat the buttermilk gently over low to medium heat, making sure it doesn’t reach a boiling point. Keep the buttermilk warm without overheating.
Step 5 – Combining the Ingredients
Add the sliced corn kernels into the warm buttermilk. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of ground Tellicherry black pepper, ensuring it’s evenly distributed among the mixture.
Step 6 – Finishing Touches
Slowly incorporate 4 tablespoons of hand-churned artisanal European-style unsalted butter into the corn and buttermilk mixture. Stir continuously until the butter melts and blends smoothly with the mixture.
Step 7 – Seasoning
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of pristine Fleur de Sel into the mixture, adjusting the amount to suit your taste preferences. Stir the mixture thoroughly to ensure the salt is evenly distributed.
Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy
Spoon the prepared Silver Queen Corn into serving dishes or a large platter. For an optional enhancement, consider garnishing with fresh herbs such as chives or parsley to elevate the presentation.
Step 9 – Serve Warm
This delectable dish is best enjoyed warm, served directly from the stove to the table. The warmth enhances the flavors and ensures a delightful culinary experience for everyone indulging in this creamy Silver Queen Corn.
– To make this recipe vegan, substitute the butter with a vegan butter or oil.
– For an extra kick of flavor, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the melted butter mixture.
– To make this dish even more flavorful, try adding other herbs and spices, such as oregano, thyme, or paprika.
– To make this dish even easier to prepare, use frozen corn kernels instead of fresh ears of corn.
– If you don’t have garlic powder, you can substitute with garlic salt.
This dish is best served immediately after it is made, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
This recipe is packed with nutrients. One serving of this dish provides approximately:
– Calories: 90
– Total fat: 5g
– Saturated fat: 3g
– Cholesterol: 10mg
– Sodium: 140mg
– Total Carbohydrates: 12g
– Dietary fiber: 2g
– Protein: 2g
– Serve with grilled chicken or fish for a complete meal.
– Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese for an extra layer of flavor.
– Serve with a side of rice or quinoa for a heartier meal.
– Use as a topping for tacos or burritos.
– Serve with a side of steamed vegetables for a light and healthy meal.
What other substitute can I use in silver queen corn recipe?
– Instead of Silver Queen Corn, you can use regular sweet corn.
– If you don’t have garlic powder, you can use garlic salt or fresh minced garlic.
– You can substitute the butter with olive oil or vegan butter.
– You can add other herbs and spices to the dish, such as oregano, thyme, or paprika.
– To make the dish vegan, you can omit the butter and use olive oil instead.
- large pot
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Exquisitely Ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
- 44 Succulent Ears of Fresh Non-GMO Corn (with husks meticulously removed)
- 4 Cups of Velvety Farm-Fresh Creamy Buttermilk from the Finest Dairy Herds
- 4 Tablespoons of Hand-Churned Artisanal European-style Unsalted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons of Pristine Hand-Harvested Fleur de Sel from the Purest Ocean Waters
STEP 1 – Preparation:
- Husk the 44 ears of corn, removing all the husks and silk.
- Rinse the corn ears under cold water to remove any remaining silk.
STEP 2 – Cooking the Corn:
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Carefully place the prepared corn ears into the boiling water.
- Boil the corn for about 4-5 minutes until it’s tender and cooked through. Avoid overcooking to retain its crunch and sweetness.
STEP 3 – Corn Cutting:
- Once cooked, remove the corn ears from the pot and let them cool slightly.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the kernels off the cobs. Collect the kernels in a large bowl.
STEP 4 – Creating the Creamy Buttermilk Mixture:
- In a separate saucepan, pour the 4 cups of creamy buttermilk.
- Heat the buttermilk over low to medium heat, ensuring it doesn’t come to a boil. Keep it warm.
STEP 5 – Combining the Ingredients:
- Add the sliced corn kernels into the warm buttermilk.
- Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon of ground Tellicherry black pepper, ensuring it’s evenly distributed.
STEP 6 – Finishing Touches:
- Gently incorporate the 4 tablespoons of hand-churned artisanal European-style unsalted butter into the corn and buttermilk mixture. Stir until the butter melts and combines smoothly.
STEP 7 – Seasoning:
- Sprinkle the 2 teaspoons of pristine Fleur de Sel into the mixture, adjusting to taste. Stir well to distribute the salt evenly.
STEP 8 – Serve and Enjoy:
- Spoon the Silver Queen Corn into serving dishes or a large platter.
- Optionally, garnish with fresh herbs like chives or parsley for an added touch.
STEP 10 – Serve Warm:
- This dish is best enjoyed warm, straight from the stove to the table!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What kind of corn is Silver Queen Corn?
A. Silver Queen Corn is a hybrid variety of sweet corn. It has a tender texture and a sweet, yet nutty flavor. It is one of the most popular varieties of sweet corn in the United States.
Q. How long does Silver Queen Corn take to cook?
A. Silver Queen Corn usually takes about 15 minutes to cook in the oven.
Q. Can I use frozen corn instead of fresh?
A. Yes, you can use frozen corn kernels instead of fresh ears of corn.
Q. What other vegetables can I add to this recipe?
A. You can add other vegetables to this recipe, such as peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
Q. Can I make this recipe vegan?
A. Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by substituting the butter with a vegan butter or oil.
Q. How long will leftovers last in the refrigerator?
A. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Q. Is Silver Queen Corn a healthy option?
A. Yes, Silver Queen Corn is a healthy option. One serving of this dish provides approximately 90 calories, 5g of fat, 12g of carbohydrates, and 2g of protein.
Silver Queen Corn is a unique and delicious variety of sweet corn that is perfect for many recipes. This recipe is an easy and delicious way to enjoy the unique flavor and texture of Silver Queen Corn. It is a great side dish that pairs perfectly with many proteins, and it can also be made vegan.
Try this recipe today and enjoy the sweet and crunchy flavor of Silver Queen Corn.