Last Updated on October 4, 2023
The world of cooking is full of delicious and creative recipes. Joanna Gaines pretzel recipe is one such recipe that you must try. Joanna Gaines is an American television personality, entrepreneur, author, and designer. She is best known for her work on the HGTV show Fixer Upper.
Joanna Gaines’ pretzel recipe is an easy pretzel recipe that is perfect for any occasion. In this article, we will discuss what makes this pretzel recipe so special, the ingredients required, step by step instructions, notes, nutrition information, storage advice, and variations.
What is Joanna Gaines Pretzel?
Joanna Gaines’ pretzel recipe is a unique twist on the classic soft pretzel recipe. The recipe is simple, yet flavorful and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
This pretzel recipe is made with all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and butter. The dough is kneaded until smooth and then shaped into pretzels. It is then boiled in a baking soda solution and baked in the oven until golden brown.
The result is a soft and chewy pretzel that is perfect for dipping in mustard or cheese sauce.
Why You’ll Love this Joanna Gaines Pretzel?
This pretzel recipe is incredibly easy to make and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients. The recipe only calls for a few simple pantry staples, and it’s ready in no time.
The pretzels are soft and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, making them the perfect snack.
And the best part is that you can customize them with your favorite seasonings and toppings.
You will also like the following Side Dish recipes!
- Cheddar Green Beans Copycat Recipe
- How to make Dallas Bbq Sticky Wings
- Best Publix Chicken Salad Recipe
All-Purpose Flour: This is the base of the pretzel dough and gives it its structure.
Melted Unsalted Butter: This adds richness and flavor to the pretzels.
Warm Water (950 to 110 Degrees Fahrenheit): The warm water helps activate the yeast and makes the dough rise.
White Sugar To Dissolved The Yeast: This feeds the yeast, allowing it to grow and create a light and airy dough.
Active Dry Yeast: This is what makes the pretzel dough rise and gives it its soft texture.
Baking Soda: Boiling the pretzels in baking soda solution gives them a golden brown color and their signature flavor.
Kosher Salt: A sprinkle of kosher salt on top adds a nice balance to the sweetness of the dough.
Cooking Spray: This prevents the pretzels from sticking to the baking sheet.
Boiling Water: Boiling the pretzels in water before baking them creates a chewy texture on the outside.
Sea Salt: Sprinkling sea salt on top of the pretzels adds a burst of flavor and texture.
Vegetable Oil: Brushing vegetable oil on top of the pretzels before baking gives them a shiny finish.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 : Mixing:
Mix together the flour, melted butter, warm water, sugar for dough yeast, kosher salt.
Step 2 : Kneading:
Blend until all ingredients are well incorporated and knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
Step 3 : Rising:
Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a kitchen towel. Let it rise in a warm place for an hour.
Step 4 : Preparing:
Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 5 : Boiling Water:
In a large pot, bring water to boil and add baking soda. Stir until dissolved.
Step 6 : Shaping:
Divide the dough into equal pieces and shape them into pretzels.
Step 7 : Boiling:
Carefully drop the pretzels into the boiling water for 30 seconds.
Step 8 : Baking:
Place the boiled pretzels on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle sea salt on top before baking for 10 minutes.
Step 9 : Serving:
Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
• To make the pretzels even more flavorful, add a teaspoon of sugar to the boiling water.
• For a more traditional pretzel flavor, try adding a teaspoon of mustard powder or 1 tablespoon of caraway seeds to the dough.
• For a sweeter pretzel, sprinkle the tops with sugar before baking.
• To make the pretzels look shiny, brush them with a beaten egg before baking.
• To make a vegan version of the pretzels, substitute the butter with vegan butter.
• For a more savory pretzel, top with coarse sea salt or sesame seeds before baking.
The nutrition information for one serving (one pretzel) of this Joanna Gaines’ pretzel recipe is as follows:
How to Store Joanna Gaines Pretzel?
Store the pretzels in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the pretzels in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through.
• Add some cheese to the dough for cheesy pretzels.
• Top the pretzels with garlic and herbs for a savory twist.
• To make a sweeter version, add some cinnamon and sugar.
• Try adding some diced jalapenos for a spicy kick.
• Substitute the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier version.
• For a fun twist, try adding some cocoa powder or cocoa nibs to the dough.
- baking sheet
- Measuring Cup
- 10 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Warm Water 950 to 110 Degrees Fahrenheit
- 2 tsp White Sugar To Dissolved The Yeast
- 2 Tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup Baking Soda
- 1 cup White Sugar For Dough
- 4 tsp Kosher Salt
- Cooking Spray
- 8 cups Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, melted butter, warm water, sugar, yeast, and 4 tsp of kosher salt.
- Mix until well combined and knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it is smooth.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a clean kitchen towel. Let it rise for about an hour in a warm place.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large pot, bring 8 cups of water to boil. Add the baking soda and stir until dissolved.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal pieces and roll them into long ropes.
- Shape the dough into pretzels, and carefully drop them into the boiling water for about 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the pretzels from the water and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush each pretzel with vegetable oil and sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Bake the pretzels for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make Joanna Gaines’ pretzel without butter?
Yes, you can make the pretzels without butter. Just substitute the butter with a dairy-free alternative, such as coconut oil or vegan butter.
How can I make the pretzels more flavorful?
To make the pretzels even more flavorful, add a teaspoon of sugar to the boiling water. You can also try adding a teaspoon of mustard powder or 1 tablespoon of caraway seeds to the dough.
Is this recipe suitable for vegan diets?
Yes, this recipe can be made vegan by substituting the butter with vegan butter.
Can I make the pretzels ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the pretzels ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through.
Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour for a healthier version of the pretzels.
What toppings can I use on the pretzels?
You can top the pretzels with coarse sea salt, sesame seeds, garlic and herbs, cinnamon and sugar, or diced jalapenos.
Joanna Gaines’ pretzel recipe is an easy and delicious snack that is sure to be a hit. The pretzels are soft and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside, and they can be customized with your favorite seasonings and toppings.
The recipe only calls for a few pantry staples, and it’s ready in no time. With this recipe, you can enjoy a delicious snack without having to leave the comfort of your home.