Last Updated on October 2, 2023
Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make cinnamon bread recipe?
If so, then you should definitely try Costco’s cinnamon bread recipe! This recipe is packed with flavor, and it’s the perfect way to start your day.
Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make, and it only requires a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand. In this article, we’ll provide you with all of the details you need to make the perfect batch of Costco’s cinnamon bread. Read on to learn more!
What is Costco Cinnamon Bread?
Costco’s cinnamon bread is a delicious, easy-to-make breakfast treat. It’s made with a simple batter of flour, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, and butter.
The batter is then poured into a greased loaf pan and baked to perfection. Once it’s finished baking, the loaf is sliced into thick, rich pieces that are perfect for dipping in coffee or tea.
Why You’ll Love this Costco Cinnamon Bread?
There are lots of reasons why you’ll love this Costco cinnamon bread recipe. For starters, it’s incredibly easy to make, and it only requires a few simple ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
Plus, it’s incredibly flavorful and it’s the perfect way to start your day. The loaf is also great for sharing – just slice it into thick, rich pieces and serve with coffee or tea.
You will also like the following breakfast recipes!
- Moonshine Banana Bread Pudding Copycat Recipe
- Mcdonalds Steak Egg And Cheese Bagel
- Easy Yard House Lobster Garlic Noodles Recipe
All-purpose flour: This is the main ingredient for this recipe and gives the bread its structure.
Active dry yeast: This helps the dough rise and creates a light and airy texture in the final product.
Butter: The melted butter adds richness and moisture to the bread. Make sure to use unsalted butter to control the level of salt in your bread.
Sugar: This adds sweetness to balance out the warm, spicy cinnamon flavor.
Salt: A small amount of salt helps to enhance the other flavors in the bread.
Milk: The warm milk activates the yeast and helps it to rise. Make sure the milk is warm, but not hot, as this can kill the yeast.
Eggs: These add richness and help to bind all of the ingredients together.
Vanilla extract: This adds a subtle, sweet flavor to the bread that pairs perfectly with the cinnamon.
Step 1: Proofing the Yeast
To begin, add warm milk and yeast to a large mixing bowl. Stir gently until combined. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes foamy.
Step 2: Mixing the Dough
Add flour, sugar, melted butter, salt, eggs and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl with the yeast mixture. Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to combine all of the ingredients until a dough forms.
Step 3: Kneading
Once the dough is formed, knead it for about 5 minutes on a floured surface. This helps to create a smooth, elastic dough.
Step 4: First Rise
Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Leave it to rise in a warm place for about an hour or until doubled in size.
Step 5: Rolling Out the Dough
Once the dough has risen, roll it out into a large rectangle on a floured surface. Make sure it is about ½ inch thick.
Step 6: Adding the Cinnamon Filling
Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Then, sprinkle the mixture evenly over the dough, leaving a little space around the edges.
Step 7: Rolling up the Dough
Roll up the dough tightly, starting from one of the longer edges. Make sure to pinch the ends of the dough together to seal in the filling.
Step 8: Second Rise
Place the rolled up dough into a greased loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise for another 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
Step 9: Baking
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Once the dough has risen for the second time, remove the plastic wrap and bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.
Step 10: Cooling and Serving
Once finished baking, let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack. Slice into thick pieces and serve warm with your favorite coffee or tea. Enjoy!
• Make sure you don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing it will result in a dense and heavy loaf.
• If the top of the loaf starts to get too brown, cover it with a piece of foil for the last few minutes of baking.
• For extra flavor, top the loaf with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar before baking.
• If you can’t find all-purpose flour, you can substitute with whole wheat flour or a combination of all-purpose and whole wheat.
• You can also use melted coconut oil or vegetable oil in place of the melted butter.
This Costco cinnamon bread recipe yields 16 slices, and each slice contains approximately
How to Store Costco Cinnamon Bread?
This cinnamon bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
To freeze the bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer safe bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
• Apple Cinnamon Bread: Add 1 cup of diced apples to the batter for an extra burst of flavor.
• Cinnamon Raisin Bread: Add 1 cup of raisins to the batter for a sweet and chewy twist.
• Cinnamon Walnut Bread: Add 1 cup of chopped walnuts to the batter for a crunchy texture.
• Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Bread: Add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter for a decadent treat.
• Cinnamon Cranberry Bread: Add 1 cup of dried cranberries to the batter for a tart and sweet flavor.
• Cinnamon Orange Bread: Add 1 teaspoon of orange zest and ¼ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice to the batter for a zesty citrus flavor.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt1 cup warm milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and yeast.
- In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, salt, warm milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir until well combined.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and knead again for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and shape into loaves. Place them in greased loaf pans and let them rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake the loaves for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade Costco cinnamon bread!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this Costco cinnamon bread recipe without sugar?
Yes, you can make this recipe without sugar by substituting an equal amount of honey or maple syrup in the place of the sugar.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can substitute an equal amount of gluten-free all-purpose flour in the place of the all-purpose flour.
How long can I store this cinnamon bread?
This cinnamon bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. To freeze the bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer safe bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can this recipe be made vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by substituting an equal amount of non-dairy milk in the place of the cow’s milk and using vegan butter or coconut oil in the place of the melted butter.
Can I make this recipe in a different sized pan?
Yes, you can make this recipe in a different sized pan. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Can I add other ingredients to this recipe?
Yes, you can add other ingredients to the batter such as dried fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips.
How should I serve this cinnamon bread?
This cinnamon bread is best served warm with a pat of butter or a drizzle of honey. It’s also delicious with a cup of coffee or tea.
Costco’s cinnamon bread recipe is an easy-to-make and delicious breakfast treat. It’s made with a simple batter of flour, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, and butter, and it’s the perfect way to start your day.
Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. With this recipe, you can create a flavorful loaf of cinnamon bread in no time. So, why not give it a try