Last Updated on January 13, 2024
Who doesn’t love a scoop of ice cream on a hot summer day?
But why settle for the same old store bought ice cream when you can make an incredible homemade pampered chef ice cream recipe
This indulgent recipe will leave your taste buds craving for more, and you won’t believe how easy it is to make!
What are pampered chef ice cream recipes?
Pampered Chef is a global multi-level marketing enterprise specializing in a diverse range of kitchen tools, food items, and cookbooks designed for home cooking. Additionally, the company provides solutions for transporting their products and offers a selection of gardening tools.
One of their best items is the Pampered chef ice cream recipes which are made with only the best ingredients and are sure to please even the pickiest of ice cream lovers. Creamy, flavorful, and oh-so-rich, pampered chef ice cream recipes are sure to be a hit in your home.
You can customize the recipe to your liking by adding different flavors, mix-ins, and toppings.
Why You’ll Love this Pampered Chef ice cream?
Pampered chef ice cream recipes are so simple to make and require minimal ingredients. Plus, they’re so much better than store bought ice cream – you’ll be able to taste the difference!
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also much healthier than store bought ice cream because you can control the ingredients that go into it.
You will also like the following Dessert recipes!
- Sara Lee Pecan Coffee Cake Copycat Recipe
- How to make Ube Polvoron
- Best Will Tennyson Protein Ice Cream Recipe
How Does It Taste Like?
Pampered chef ice cream recipes are rich, creamy, and oh-so-indulgent! The perfect combination of flavors and mix-ins make for an unforgettable treat that will keep you coming back for more.
Whether you prefer a classic flavor like chocolate or vanilla, or you’re looking for something more adventurous, you’ll find the perfect pampered chef ice cream recipe to satisfy your cravings.
- Heavy whipping cream: Heavy whipping cream is a key ingredient in ice cream recipes because it contributes to the richness and creaminess of the final product. The high fat content in heavy cream adds a smooth texture and mouthfeel to the ice cream. It also helps prevent the formation of ice crystals, resulting in a creamy and luxurious consistency.
- Whole milk: Whole milk is another source of dairy fat in the recipe. While not as rich as heavy cream, it still adds a creaminess to the ice cream. The combination of heavy whipping cream and whole milk strikes a balance between richness and a lighter texture, creating a well-rounded and satisfying ice cream base.
- Sugar: Sugar serves multiple purposes in ice cream recipes. Firstly, it sweetens the mixture, enhancing the overall flavor of the ice cream. Secondly, sugar helps to lower the freezing point of the ice cream base, preventing it from becoming too hard when frozen. It also contributes to the smooth and scoopable texture of the finished product.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract is a common flavoring agent in ice cream recipes. It adds a warm and aromatic vanilla flavor that complements the richness of the dairy ingredients. Vanilla is a versatile and popular choice, providing a classic taste that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with various toppings and desserts.
- Egg yolks: Egg yolks play a crucial role in ice cream recipes as they contribute to the custard-like consistency of the base. The fats in the yolks add richness and help emulsify the mixture, creating a smooth texture. Additionally, egg yolks contain proteins that contribute to the structure of the ice cream, preventing it from becoming too icy. The yolks also enhance the overall flavor and color of the ice cream.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: Combine Heavy Whipping Cream and Whole Milk
In a large saucepan, place the heavy whipping cream and whole milk. Heat the mixture over medium heat, bringing it to a simmer. Be cautious not to let it reach a boil.
Step 2: Whisk Sugar and Egg Yolks
In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks until you achieve a thick, pale yellow mixture. This forms the foundation for the ice cream base.
Step 3: Temper the Eggs
To avoid the eggs from scrambling when introduced to the hot liquid, gradually pour a small amount of the simmering cream mixture into the bowl with the sugar and egg yolks. Whisk continuously in a process known as tempering.
Step 4: Combine Mixtures
Carefully pour the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan containing the remaining hot cream mixture. Whisk constantly during this process. Continue cooking over medium heat until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, creating a custard base.
Step 5: Add Vanilla Extract
Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Ensure thorough incorporation of the vanilla into the custard for a rich flavor.
Step 6: Cool the Mixture
Allow the ice cream base to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, cover the mixture and refrigerate it for a minimum of 4 hours, or for an enhanced flavor, leave it overnight.
Step 7: Churn the Ice Cream
Transfer the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This typically takes about 20-30 minutes, resulting in a creamy consistency.
Step 8: Freeze
Once churned, transfer the freshly made ice cream into a lidded container. Freeze it for several hours or until it reaches your preferred consistency.
Step 9: Serve and Enjoy
Scoop the homemade vanilla ice cream into bowls or cones, and relish in the delightful treat you’ve crafted!
• If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make this recipe. Just pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 6-8 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so to help break up any ice crystals that form.
• For a richer ice cream, you can replace the whole milk with heavy cream.
• To prevent the ice cream from getting too hard, you can add a few tablespoons of vodka to the mixture before freezing. The alcohol will help keep the ice cream soft and scoopable.
• If you want to make a vegan version of this recipe, you can replace the heavy cream and whole milk with coconut cream and almond milk, respectively.
• For an extra creamy texture, you can add a few tablespoons of coconut oil to the mixture before churning.
This pampered chef ice cream recipe provides approximately 2050 calories per serving. It is high in fat and sugar, and low in protein, fiber, and other important nutrients.
How to store pampered chef ice cream?
Store your pampered chef ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer. If stored properly, it should keep for up to 2 months.
What other substitute can I use in pampered chef ice cream?
• You can replace the heavy cream with coconut milk or coconut cream for a dairy-free option.
• If you don’t have cornstarch, you can use arrowroot powder or potato starch instead.
• To make the recipe vegan, you can use maple syrup or agave nectar instead of granulated sugar.
• Instead of whole milk, you can use almond milk, oat milk, or any other non-dairy milk of your choice.
• If you don’t have vanilla extract, you can use any other extract such as almond or coconut.
• For a unique flavor, you can add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder or espresso powder to the mixture before churning.
- large saucepan
- 8 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 pcs. egg yolks
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Prepare Ice Cream Base:
- In a large saucepan, combine the heavy whipping cream and whole milk over medium heat. Heat the mixture until it starts to simmer, but do not let it boil.
Combine Sugar and Egg Yolks:
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks until well combined. This will form a thick, pale yellow mixture.
Temper the Eggs:
- Gradually pour a small amount of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture while continuously whisking. This process, called tempering, prevents the eggs from scrambling when added to the hot liquid.
- Slowly pour the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot cream mixture, whisking constantly. Continue to cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. This will create a custard base.
Add Vanilla Extract:
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Ensure it is well incorporated into the custard.
Cool the Mixture:
- Allow the ice cream base to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, cover the mixture and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight to enhance the flavor.
Churn the Ice Cream:
- Transfer the chilled mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. This typically takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Once churned, transfer the ice cream to a lidded container and freeze for several hours or until it reaches your desired consistency.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Scoop the homemade vanilla ice cream into bowls or cones and enjoy your delicious treat!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is pampered chef ice cream recipes healthier than store-bought ice cream?
Yes, pampered chef ice cream recipes are much healthier than store-bought ice cream because you can control the ingredients that go into it.
Can I make pampered chef ice cream recipes without an ice cream maker?
Yes, you can make pampered chef ice cream recipes without an ice cream maker. Just pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 6-8 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so to help break up any ice crystals that form.
How long does pampered chef ice cream recipes last in the freezer?
If stored properly in an airtight container, pampered chef ice cream recipes should keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.
What other ingredients can I add to pampered chef ice cream recipes?
You can add any mix-ins or toppings of your choice to pampered chef ice cream recipes. Popular mix-ins include chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, and cookie crumbs. Popular toppings include whipped cream, hot fudge, caramel sauce, sprinkles, and chopped nuts.
Can I make a vegan version of pampered chef ice cream?
Yes, you can make a vegan version of pampered chef ice cream recipes. Just replace the heavy cream and whole milk with coconut cream and almond milk, respectively. You can also replace the granulated sugar with maple syrup or agave nectar.
Pampered chef ice cream recipes are the perfect indulgent treat for any occasion. With only a few simple ingredients and minimal effort, you can make an incredibly creamy and flavorful dessert that everyone will love.
With its endless possibilities of mix-ins and toppings, you can make a unique ice cream each and every time. So the next time you’re craving something sweet and cool, reach for a pampered chef ice cream recipe and enjoy!