Last Updated on October 23, 2023
Are you having trouble sleeping?
If so, you’re not alone. Insomnia is a common problem that can leave you feeling exhausted and irritable during the day.
Fortunately, there is a delicious and simple recipe that can help you get the restful sleep you need: insomnia cookies.
What is Insomnia Cookies?
Insomnia cookies are a tasty treat that are designed to help you relax and get a good night’s sleep. The recipe combines ingredients that are known to have a calming effect on the body.
The cookies are made with a combination of simple ingredients that are easy to find in your grocery store.
Why You’ll Love this Insomnia Cookies?
This insomnia cookies recipe is the perfect way to help you relax before bed and get a good night’s sleep.
The combination of ingredients helps to create a soothing and calming effect on the body. The cookies are also easy to make and can be stored for up to a week.
You will also like the following dessert recipes!
- Best Golden Corral Carrot Cake Recipe
- Copycat Heavenly Hunks Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Bisconie Costco
How Does It Taste Like?
The taste of insomnia cookies is a combination of sweet and nutty. The chocolate chunks add a rich and indulgent flavor, while the brown sugar and butter give a nutty and caramel-like taste.
All purpose flour: This is the base for the cookie dough.
Egg: The egg helps to bind all the ingredients together.
Butter and Margarine: These two types of fat add moisture and richness to the cookies.
Granulated and brown sugar: These sugars add sweetness and caramel-like flavor to the cookies.
Baking soda: This ingredient helps the cookies rise and become fluffy.
Light corn syrup: The corn syrup adds a touch of sweetness and helps to create a chewy texture.
Vanilla extract: This adds depth of flavor to the cookies.
Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the flavors and balances out the sweetness.
Milk chocolate chunks: These add a rich and indulgent flavor to the cookies.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: Preheat the oven:
Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Mix the dry ingredients:
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Step 3: Cream the wet ingredients:
In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, margarine, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Step 4: Add the wet ingredients:
Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and corn syrup, and mix until well combined.
Step 5: Combine the wet and dry ingredients:
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until a dough forms.
Step 6: Fold in chocolate chunks:
Fold in the chocolate chunks into the dough mixture until well distributed.
Step 7: Form the cookies:
Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
Step 8: Bake the cookies:
Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
Step 9: Let the cookies cool:
Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 10: Enjoy your insomnia cookies:
Enjoy your freshly baked, warm insomnia cookies before bed for a peaceful night’s sleep.
– Use old-fashioned oats for a chewier texture.
– Substitute the dried fruit with your favorite type.
– Add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor.
– Let the cookies cool before eating for a firmer texture.
– Use dark honey for a richer flavor.
One insomnia cookie contains approximately
How to Store Insomnia Cookies?
The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
What Other Substitutes Can I Use in Insomnia Cookie?
– Substitute the oats with oat flour for a gluten-free version.
– Use almond flour instead of oats for a nuttier flavor.
– Substitute the nuts with seeds such as pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds.
– Replace the dried fruit with fresh fruit such as chopped apples or bananas.
– Substitute the honey with maple syrup or agave nectar.
– Use coconut oil instead of butter for a vegan version.
- 1.94 cups all purpose flour
- 0.78 egg
- 0.39 cup softened margarine
- 0.39 cup salted butter softened
- 0.78 cup granulated sugar
- 0.39 cup brown sugar
- 0.39 tsp baking soda
- 1.56 tbsp light corn syrup
- 0.78 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.39 tsp salt
- 1.17 cups milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, margarine, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and corn syrup, and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your insomnia cookies before bed for a peaceful night’s sleep.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best way to store insomnia cookies?
The best way to store insomnia cookies is in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Can I make the recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can substitute the oats with oat flour to make the recipe gluten-free.
What other ingredients can I use in the recipe?
You can substitute the nuts with seeds such as pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. You can also replace the dried fruit with fresh fruit such as chopped apples or bananas.
Can I make the recipe vegan?
Yes, you can substitute the butter with coconut oil to make the recipe vegan.
Is there a way to make the recipe even sweeter?
Yes, you can add a pinch of sugar or a tablespoon of your favorite sweetener to make the recipe even sweeter.
Can I use different types of nuts in the recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of nuts you like in the recipe.
Can I make the cookies ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cookies ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Insomnia cookies are a delicious and easy treat to make for any occasion. With the combination of oats, nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate chunks, these cookies are both nutritious and indulgent.
By following our simple step-by-step instructions and adding your own personal touch with different substitutes, you can create the perfect batch of insomnia cookies to satisfy your sweet cravings before bed.
So go ahead and treat yourself to these delicious cookies, and enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep. Happy baking!