Last Updated on January 3, 2024
Texas Roadhouse steak fries are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and full of flavor. They are a favorite side dish at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant chain. But if you don’t live near a Texas Roadhouse, you can still enjoy these delicious steak fries at home.
In this article, we will provide you with a detailed guide on how to make this recipe at home. So, let’s get started!
What is Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries?
Texas Roadhouse steak fries are a signature side dish at the Texas Roadhouse restaurant chain. They are made from hand-cut potatoes that are fried in a mix of vegetable oil and beef fat. The resulting fries are golden brown on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and full of flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries?
There are many reasons why you’ll love this Texas Roadhouse steak fries recipe. First, it’s quick and easy to make. All you need are some potatoes, oil, and seasonings. Second, the resulting fries are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Third, they are full of flavor thanks to the beef fat and seasoning blend. Finally, they are a great side dish for burgers, steaks, and other grilled meats.
You will also like the following Side Dish recipes!
- Copycat Cooper’s Hawk Betty’s Potatoes Recipe
- How to make Costco Three Bean Salad
- Best Bill Miller Cornbread Dressing Recipe
How Does It Taste Like?
Texas Roadhouse steak fries have a delicious flavor thanks to the beef fat and seasoning blend. The outside is golden brown and crunchy while the inside is soft and fluffy. The seasoning blend adds a savory flavor that pairs perfectly with grilled meats.
8 Large Potatoes:
Large potatoes are the main ingredient for Texas Roadhouse steak fries. They provide a starchy and hearty base, creating thick-cut fries that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
3 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese:
Grated Parmesan cheese adds a savory and umami flavor to the steak fries. It enhances the overall taste, providing a cheesy richness that complements the potatoes.
4 tbsp All-Purpose Flour:
All-purpose flour serves as a coating for the fries, contributing to a crispy and golden exterior when baked or fried. It helps absorb moisture and ensures a delightful texture.
2 tsp Onion Powder:
Onion powder adds a subtle onion flavor to the fries, enhancing the overall taste profile. It brings depth and complexity without the texture of fresh onions.
4 tbsp Olive Oil:
Olive oil is used to coat the potatoes before baking or frying. It adds richness, helps achieve a crispy texture, and contributes to the golden brown color of the fries.
2 tsp Garlic Powder:
Garlic powder imparts a savory and aromatic garlic flavor to the fries. It enhances the overall taste, providing a deliciously seasoned element.
2 tsp Smoked Paprika:
Smoked paprika adds a smoky and slightly sweet flavor to the steak fries. It contributes to the overall seasoning profile, providing a distinctive taste.
1 tsp Black Pepper:
Black pepper adds a mild heat and earthiness to the fries. It complements the other seasonings, enhancing the overall flavor.
1 tsp Chili Powder:
Chili powder contributes a hint of spiciness and warmth to the fries. It adds a depth of flavor and complexity to the seasoning.
3 tbsp Plain Breadcrumbs:
Plain breadcrumbs are likely used as a coating to provide an additional layer of crispiness to the fries. They contribute to the texture and help create a more robust and crunchy exterior.
2 tsp Italian Seasoning:
Italian seasoning adds a blend of herbs like oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary. It imparts a Mediterranean-inspired flavor to the fries, enhancing the overall seasoning profile.
Salt, to Taste:
Salt is a fundamental seasoning that enhances the natural flavors of the potatoes and other ingredients. It balances the overall taste and ensures the perfect savory-sweet combination in the fries.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: Gather Ingredients:
Collect all the ingredients needed for the Protein Ice Cream recipe. This includes protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut flour, sugar-free and fat-free Jell-O powder, xanthan gum, and unsweetened cashew milk.
Step 2: Prepare Ice Cubes:
If not using pre-made ice cubes, measure 2 cups of water and freeze it in an ice cube tray until solid. Having pre-frozen ice cubes is essential for achieving the desired icy and creamy texture.
Step 3: Mix Dry Ingredients:
In a blender or food processor, combine protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, coconut flour, sugar-free and fat-free Jell-O powder, and xanthan gum. Ensure thorough mixing for even flavor distribution.
Step 4: Add Cashew Milk:
Pour the unsweetened cashew milk into the blender, ensuring that all the dry ingredients are adequately covered. This provides the liquid base for the ice cream.
Step 5: Add Ice Cubes:
Add the 2 cups of ice cubes to the blender. This step is crucial for achieving the desired texture that combines creaminess with a refreshing icy feel.
Step 6: Blend Until Smooth:
Blend the ingredients until you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency. Blend thoroughly to break down the ice cubes and create a cohesive mixture.
Step 7: Check Consistency:
Assess the consistency of the ice cream. It should be thick and spoonable. If the mixture is too thick, gradually add water until the desired texture is reached.
Step 8: Taste and Adjust:
Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness or chocolate flavor according to preference. Add more cocoa powder or sweetener if needed, ensuring it aligns with your taste preferences.
Step 9: Serve Immediately:
Scoop the protein ice cream into a bowl or cone. Serving immediately ensures the optimal texture and temperature for enjoyment.
Step 10: Optional Toppings:
If desired, enhance the ice cream experience by adding toppings such as nuts, shredded coconut, or a drizzle of nut butter. This step allows for customization based on personal preferences.
Step 11: Enjoy:
Indulge in this guilt-free and protein-packed treat. Will Tennyson’s Protein Ice Cream offers a delicious way to satisfy your ice cream cravings while incorporating nutritional benefits.
• Make sure to use russet potatoes for this recipe. They are the best potatoes for making steak fries.
• Be sure to preheat the oven before baking the fries. This will help ensure that they are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
• Use a baking sheet with a rim to prevent the fries from spilling over.
• Make sure to evenly coat the fries with the seasonings. This will help to ensure that every fry gets the same amount of flavor.
• Keep an eye on the fries while they are baking. They can go from golden brown to burnt quickly.
• Serve the fries with your favorite condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise.
One serving of Texas Roadhouse steak fries (1/4 of the recipe) contains approximately 250 calories, 12 grams of fat, 37 grams of carbohydrates, and 4 grams of protein.
How to Store Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries?
Texas Roadhouse steak fries can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, spread the fries out onto a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, or until they are hot and crispy.
What Other Substitute Can I Use in Texas Roadhouse Steak Fries?
If you don’t have access to beef fat, you can use vegetable oil, olive oil, or coconut oil. You can also use a combination of two or three of these oils. If you don’t have the seasonings listed in the ingredients, you can use a store-bought steak seasoning blend.
Or, you can use a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried oregano, dried thyme, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Towel
- 8 Large Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Onion powder
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 3 tbsp Plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
Wash and Cut Potatoes:
- Wash the large potatoes thoroughly. Leave the skins on for added texture. Cut the potatoes into evenly sized steak fries or wedges.
Prepare Coating Mixture:
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, grated Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, chili powder, plain breadcrumbs, and Italian seasoning. Mix well to create a coating mixture.
Coat the Potatoes:
- Toss the potato wedges into the coating mixture, ensuring each piece is evenly coated.
Drizzle with Olive Oil:
- Drizzle the olive oil over the coated potato wedges. Toss again to ensure the potatoes are well coated with both the dry mixture and olive oil.
Season with Salt:
- Sprinkle salt over the coated potatoes according to your taste preferences. Remember, the Parmesan cheese can add some saltiness, so adjust accordingly.
Arrange on Baking Sheet:
- Arrange the coated potato wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer. Ensure they are not overcrowded to allow even baking.
Bake in the Oven:
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the steak fries are golden brown and crispy. Flip the fries halfway through the baking time to ensure even cooking.
Check for Doneness:
- Check for doneness by inserting a fork or knife into one of the fries. It should be tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Once done, remove the steak fries from the oven and let them cool for a minute. Serve them hot and enjoy the Texas Roadhouse-inspired steak fries with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Feel free to customize the seasoning to your liking or serve the fries with additional toppings like chopped fresh parsley or extra Parmesan cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I make Texas Roadhouse steak fries in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make Texas Roadhouse steak fries in an air fryer. Just preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the fries for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
Q2. Can I use other types of potatoes for this recipe?
Yes, you can use other types of potatoes for this recipe. However, russet potatoes are the best potatoes for making steak fries because they are starchy and have a fluffy texture.
Q3. Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan. Just omit the beef fat and use vegetable oil or olive oil instead.
Q4. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free. Just make sure to check the labels of the seasonings you are using to make sure they are gluten-free.
Q5. Can I make this recipe in the microwave?
No, you cannot make this recipe in the microwave. The fries will not get crispy in the microwave.
Q6. Can I use frozen fries for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen fries for this recipe. Just thaw the fries before baking them.
Q7. Can I freeze the leftover fries?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover fries. Just store them in a freezer-safe container for up to three months. To reheat, bake the fries at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes, or until they are hot and crispy.
Texas Roadhouse steak fries are a delicious and easy side dish that you can make at home. All you need are some potatoes, oil, and seasonings. The resulting fries are golden brown and crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and full of flavor. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try!